Mitch Member 1,193 Member For: 18y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD Posted 15/07/08 12:02 AM Posted 15/07/08 12:02 AM (edited) were u running standard suspension and rims? Edited 15/07/08 12:02 AM by Mitch
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 15/07/08 05:28 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 05:28 AM I notice with mine in the wet it tends to disapear or the noise lessens.I had a few spare hours today and ripped down to my mechanic to have a listen.He recon's it's the leafs... - Not sure about you guys, but one of the springs in the leafs isn't sitting flush with the rest of them (could be a possibility)- Also the suspension shop that put the leafs in used polyurethane bushes in the front section but used the old ones in the back (another possibility)- My leafs have rubber stoppers inbetween each spring (another possibility)
qikshift Member 518 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 15/07/08 05:33 AM Posted 15/07/08 05:33 AM mine does this also.. I just turn the music up to drown it out as it only started happening post lowering it.it will be going in for front/rear swaybars soon so ill have mine checked out while up on the hoist
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 15/07/08 06:08 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 06:08 AM are there swaybars in the back of utes?I thought rear swaybars were only a sedan thing. Unlike us ute savages.
qikshift Member 518 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 15/07/08 06:34 AM Posted 15/07/08 06:34 AM yeah they are just a different size.. look at the whiteline site you can get rear swaybars fitting it :http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z194_BFR58.pdf
bfturb New Member 17 Member For: 18y 7m Posted 15/07/08 07:34 AM Posted 15/07/08 07:34 AM my ute started to do it spoke to a mate that works at ford he says its normal lol he said just spray leafs with CRC ect and it stops it fixed it for a month or so now starting again so when it go into ford they are getting my list of sh*t that needs fixing
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 26/07/08 05:47 AM Author Posted 26/07/08 05:47 AM Hey guys,Got a bit of an update for ya.When I found this it scared the living crap outta me!It always seemed a little sus that the leafs could be squeeky as they have been lubricated to the sh*thouse.Not only that but they didnt sqeak when I jumped up and down on the towball.We checked the mount points which connect the leafs to the chasis. The back was fine, but the front looked like this....I kid you not, that exactly how loose both sides were when we got it up on ramps. Now the next problem is this...Because the chasis bolts have been loose for a while, they've grinded an oval into the chasis mount. It's going to need to be redrilled and have larger bolts put through.IF ANYONE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM GET IT SORTED ASAP!!!! - It's sooo bloddy dangerous.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/07/08 05:57 AM Posted 26/07/08 05:57 AM have you had those bushes replaced? or the leafs taken out at any time? I'd be having a chat to the last people that touched the rear end - ford or not - they have endagered your life mate!
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 26/07/08 06:01 AM Author Posted 26/07/08 06:01 AM Yea I know mate.I'm incredibly PEEEVED at the suspension shop that did this.If the fronts came loose and dropped, I would have lost the entire rear end of the car. Could even have the potential to flip the car....
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 26/07/08 06:04 AM Posted 26/07/08 06:04 AM yeah very dangerous dude, I'd have a chat to them - but the hard part is proving that they did it, lucky you sussed that out mate!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now