Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/08 07:22 AM Posted 05/07/08 07:22 AM Some of you know I've been waiting for a VW for some time ever since I sold my XR6T almost two years ago... The wait has been absolute torture, but not having a car meant that I could buy a house and still afford to spoil my my daughter On Thursday evening my wait was finally over, I took delivery of the long awaited car of my dreams. I had talked this thing up so much to my friends, family and most of all myself. I haven't seen it, let alone driven it as it was a new unreleased model. In fact no one in the world had taken delivery of the car till just two weeks ago, so there were no reviews to go off either.Thursday was a very nervous day, as I didn't know if it would live up to my very high expectations or end up being a sh*tbox. I put a deposit down knowing just the following specs:VW Passat R363.6 litre V6220kw, 350nm torque6 Speed DSG (dual clutch gearbox)AWD0-100 in 5.6 secondsAll my fears were put to rest after I saw my new car and took it for a test drive, I am so glad I waited for this car. It has every little luxury I have ever wanted, whilst still has enough speed and handling capabilities to keep me satisfied for the next few years Now that I've driven the car a bit more, I still can't fault it. It has so much power throughout the whole rev range, and keeps picking up speed relentlessly all the way up the speedo. I can't compare it to the XR6T I used to have because it's been so long since I've driven one, but I am more than happy with the performance. The gearbox is also a brilliant invention, it shifts gears in 6 miliseconds so there is no interruption to the power, it blips the throttle on downshifts and it goes right to the red line of 7000rpm.The handling is simply brilliant, the suspension does a great job at keeping the tyres on the road and the AWD keeps all four tyres planted as much as possible. I have found the limits of the sh*tty tyres that came with the car (some German Dunlop SP01's), and I've ordered some Michelin PS2's which will fix that problem soon.I've always wanted a car with Xenon lights, so I didn't have to load it up with spot lights and this car does not dissapoint. The Xenons even have cornering capabilities and the beam is so well spread I don't think I'll need to put the spotties on.The one thing I've always missed about my old XR6T is the sports steering wheel, as it had the perfect thickness and contours. This steering wheel is just the same, perfect thickness and contours with the added benefit of flappy paddles (on the wheel not the column), and a perfect weighting.The sports seats hug you like there is no tomorrow, and are completely adjustable electronically (including the side bolsters) with 3 position memory that can be customized to a particular key.I optioned up the DVD based Sat Nav with 30GB HDD for music files, DVD Player, Bluetooth phone and Ipod connector. Also the 600w Dynaudio system is an awesome bit of kit, definitely the best sound system I've ever heard All in all, I am more than happy to keep this car for the next 5 years and look forward to going on many cruises again with you guys. that's of course if you don't mind a VW slowing you down I've taken a few pics as well, but will take some more decent ones once I detail it one day.http://doncro.dyndns.org/pics/cars/vw/My%20R36/
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/08 07:31 AM Posted 05/07/08 07:31 AM Sounds like it has been worth the wait Ivan. Well done big fella.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/08 07:33 AM Posted 05/07/08 07:33 AM Sounds like the wait was worth it Ivan.Enjoy the new beast.
xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 7d Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/08 07:38 AM Posted 05/07/08 07:38 AM looks alot beter than I expected. congrats.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 05/07/08 07:42 AM Posted 05/07/08 07:42 AM I like the newer generation VW's. $$$???I.B.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/08 08:31 AM Posted 05/07/08 08:31 AM Maybe Ivans number plate has the answer to what it cost :banghead:
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/07/08 08:37 AM Posted 05/07/08 08:37 AM About friggin time :banghead:Good stuff Ivy. Thank god it has turned up as I was scared you'd get bored and start breeding again
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/08 10:38 AM Author Posted 05/07/08 10:38 AM Maybe Ivans number plate has the answer to what it cost LOLMaybe with a Sunroof and the extra LCT... Those a stock plates, after Gadan I chose never to choose named plates again It was 78k with the options, but I got a corporate discount down to 68k
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 05/07/08 11:09 PM Posted 05/07/08 11:09 PM that's a nice looking dash!
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 05/07/08 11:50 PM Posted 05/07/08 11:50 PM A very nice piece of kit Ivan. I didn't realise that you have been without a car sice selling the T. A long wait.I any case, the car looks fantastic and I'm glad to hear you are happy with it.Enjoy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now