After 2 Hours It's Still Hot!

Mals BA XR6T

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d
Dont waste your money on a turbo timer.

Think about it guys, if the turbo packs it in for any reason, it would be replaced under warranty

Yep, couldnt agree more.

Why would l want to put a turbo timer on a new car with a 3 year warranty? Its Ford's problem if something overheats, and if this does become a problem Ford will be recalling and doing it themselves no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mbrown42
  • Guests
I've noticed that the plastic mounting on the pipes to the left of the engine has melted and dripped onto the heat shield. This clip will need to be replaced by the dealership. There is some serious heat being generated under the bonnet.

I was at my local dealer the other day and he said that there is a Service Bulletin being released by Ford saying that the black plastic clip above the exhaust manifold shouldn't be on these turbo oil pipes and that it was only meant to be an assembly aid in the factory.

It tells the dealers to remove and discard the clip and to make sure that the pipes have clearance between each other so they dont rub together.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d

Well thats good.. about time.. I was told last week that i didnt need the clips.. when i asked them to be replaced for melting.. so at least thats good to know.

Guest Turbo-6
  • Guests

After the melted clip was removed from the pipes on my car, the lower pipe no longer clips into the mounting that is attached to the front of the engine - it keeps popping out. How can I make this pipe stay in place?

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 24d
I dont know about you guys but I noticed that my engine was actually hotter a hour or two later than what it was when I was running, usually it sits about 2/5ths of the way up and sometimes when I go back to it its about halfway on the guage!!

After 2 hours? Hmmm, doesn't sound right, 40 to an hour I'd understand but 2? Hmm. Shouldn't the temp be close to half way anyway? Anyone have details on the 'optimum' temp for the "barra's"? If the engine runs too cold it usually results in higher fuel consumption, not getting the full performance.