EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/07/08 01:50 PM Posted 02/07/08 01:50 PM hey guys...few problems with my T.....when I put my foot down in 3rd and 4th I get the usual kick and boost kicks in, but while its boosting there is a strange noise coming from what seems like underneath the car. The noise sounds like an electrical sort of sparking/surging but really loud and only when boost comes on hard. you cant really notice it in 1st or 2nd, but seems more common when its under load on boost in 3rd and 4th. its a hard noise to describe, its not a constant noise like a hissing or anything hence why I use the word surging.the car is idling rough sometimes, and is starting REALLY rough when you turn the key, it struggles to start sometimes or chugs and revs really low as soon as you start it. NOT GOOD!!I have already replaced the valve springs, and most of the coil packs, the car is tuned by HP-F. and it seems to be getting worse. the car was serviced only 2000 ks ago.my biggest problem is can't just take it to my tuner, because I have now moved to Tassie, and from what I have heard there are NO good tuners in Tassie. and none that even use the CAPA flash tuner.so any help you guys could give me would be great..thanks in advance
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 02/07/08 02:04 PM Posted 02/07/08 02:04 PM Howdy, If you look in your first post about moving to good old TAS someone posted that a guy guy down there in hobart is doing capa tunes. Rodney Howell of Howells automotive is doing custom tunes
EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/07/08 02:09 PM Author Posted 02/07/08 02:09 PM yeah thanks mate... I just read that post... I havent had access to the net in about a week... so I missed that post...hopefully see you down there...has anyone had this same problem before??? I really like to know roughly what im facing before I get into it...
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 02/07/08 02:11 PM Posted 02/07/08 02:11 PM I'm up in launceston. But when I get the new clutch in might see you at the drags later in the season
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 02/07/08 08:47 PM Posted 02/07/08 08:47 PM Sounds like PING from what you say. Tassie fuel may aswell be TWO-stroke fuel, specialy the Premium, as not many use it down there.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 02/07/08 09:36 PM Posted 02/07/08 09:36 PM flash it to standard or a less powerfull tune. Try some different fuel.As envy t said sounds like it could be pinging
EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/07/08 10:55 PM Author Posted 02/07/08 10:55 PM yeah I read a post about Tassie fuel being mixed differently so its probably not helping, luckily I am right in the city so havent really had a chance to give it to it too much until last night when I was running late for a flight, I am glad that there is a tuner in Tas now using the flash tuners so I can get him to look at it......
zx6rblue 100,000Ks and still going strong. Legacy Donating Member 381 Member For: 19y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Launceston Tas Posted 03/07/08 04:31 AM Posted 03/07/08 04:31 AM Or you could just buy a ride on lawnmower
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now