Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted

After seeing the new FG F6 310 I decided I just had to have one, but after doing the numbers it looks like its gonna be a stretch to buy one of these bad boys. So now I've decided to look at either the late BF II F6 R-Spec (very limited numbers of new ones available) or the new FG XR6T. ATM I'm swinging more toward the R-Spec because "its an FPV", its limited edition, has better brakes and a few other bits. Assuming price is about the same for both, which of the two would be a better option in your opinions? Is re-sale better for either of these cars?

  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I would go the FPV as they are a better car, unless you want all the new gadgets that the FG has.

The FPV will perform better and give a better resale over the same timeframe, as it does have a limited edition tag as opposed to the run of the mill FG Turbo.

Guest Wingnut
  • Guests
Posted

BF FPV... They look better, go hard and have massive potential.

If I replace my T anytime soon it will be an FPV BF no way an FG. I just dont like them.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich, QLD
Posted

I'm not a fan of the FG, how ever it is growing on me, and I have a few car yards getting back to me for trade in on my BF F6 for a FG F6 310 and what its going to cost me extra.

How ever, until im certain nothing will happen, the shape over all of the car is growing on me, but im not 100% keen on it just yet, so I'd have to vote the BF F6 over the FG XR6T

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Go the FG, the latest and greatest.

They are both 270kw and you'll have a choice of options and colours.

The BF F6 does have better brakes and bigger wheels though, but I'd say you'll still be paying more than the FG XR for the supeceded BF too

If you wait a few months they'll be keen to do an even better deal once the FG hype dwindles.

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I disagree as I would go the FG

The BF is a bit dated now and the new FG interior really provideds a lift over the old.

The FG T will be quicker and should probably provide a better driving experience than the R-Spec could provide.

My 2 cents.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted

Some good points being made, thanks for your input guys. I love the look of both the BF and the FG so I'm not really swayed on the cosmetic side of things. I currenty have an XR6T so the R-Spec kinda gives me the feeling of "same but different" but then the FG XR6T isnt an FPV (yes, the brand is aspirational to me :ifiusethisimafag: ) I dont know if Im shopping with my head or my heart! LOL

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d
Posted

The FG may be new and great to drive etc etc...But it's not an FPV and after awhile there will be heaps of FG Turbo's on the road.

Having the FPV parked in your drive way will bring a smile to your dial everyday as ours did every time I looked at it and it didn't matter that it was 2 years old as the car was well looked after.

Ask any FPV driver about their car and what it means to have one. Sex on wheels mate that's all I can say.

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

R Spec fo' shaaw

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Personally I'm not an FG fan and I contemplated this issue a lot when all the FG pre release hype was happening. Do I buy now ar wait. I bought then and am 110% happy as I think the FG could have been a much better car.

During my pondering I came to the following conclusion: It doesn't really matter because after 3 months or so, when the novelty has gone, it will be just the car, and after 3 years or so when the warranty has gone it will be just another old slapper :3gears: . Get what makes you happy. They all cost plenty and they all wear out in the end :buttrock:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...