jared87 Member 85 Member For: 18y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Gympie Posted 29/06/08 08:58 AM Posted 29/06/08 08:58 AM I know this is been asked thousands of times but I couldnt find the thread. Will my t5 hold up to 300rwkw, it may not make that much but I already have 265 and more mods and a tune to come, so it should go close. Also will an extreme organic single plate clutch be capable with a 1250kg clamp load pressure plate??? I do give it a hiding but no standing start or overly hard gear changes.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/06/08 09:05 AM Posted 29/06/08 09:05 AM It's not just the power, but how hard it the tuned I.e it's the torque that can kill it.Typically bending the weak input shaft, or stripping 3rd gear.These days it is easier to tune it harder.Do so at your own risk.Brian
Guest Wingnut Guests Posted 29/06/08 09:46 AM Posted 29/06/08 09:46 AM Ill give the best advice you could possibly want... Start preparing to replace your gearbox. I.e save money, talk to suppliers of T56s and find someone to give you a good price on a coversion. It will take 300rwkw or around 1000nm but it will also break you can count on that so before you go about getting more power just make sure you have 6-7k put aside for the conversion. Its not a bad idea to actually do it before it blows as you might be able to recoup some cash from selling your old T5 while its still working. I have like most T5 owners with 300rwkw have replaced my gearbox with T56 and could not be happier. By far the best money I have spent to date on it.
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 28d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 29/06/08 10:05 AM Posted 29/06/08 10:05 AM (edited) save for a new box first. This way your car will be off the road only for a short time Edited 29/06/08 10:05 AM by revheadrobbo
6speedXR8 Mal Wood Automotive Member 537 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Location: WARWICK QLD Posted 29/06/08 10:31 AM Posted 29/06/08 10:31 AM I know this is been asked thousands of times but I couldnt find the thread. Will my t5 hold up to 300rwkw, it may not make that much but I already have 265 and more mods and a tune to come, so it should go close. Also will an extreme organic single plate clutch be capable with a 1250kg clamp load pressure plate??? I do give it a hiding but no standing start or overly hard gear changes.If you drive your car to its full potential with 300RWKW the T5 will not stand a chance! The T56 is by far a better choice and will hold easily and if you use the ACE option 3 11'' clutch you will have the right package.I have a range of New and Reconditioned T56 kits available, either kit comes with New MWA Short throw shifter, New braided line, New remote bleed, New Alloy CSC, New mount, New crossmember, New yoke and Oil and @ $5570 for the New T56 and kit or $4550 for the low k Reco T56 and kit these upgrades are great value.Add to that the ACE option 3 kit at $1310 and you have the best overall package available.Mal Wood
MUZ580 Member 448 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: Manly - Sydney Posted 30/06/08 05:34 AM Posted 30/06/08 05:34 AM I drove mine around for about a year with 330rwkw and no problems with the box. Depends on how its tuned and how you drive it. Clutch is also a huge thing. Don't go ceramic or anything like that, organic is the way to go.
jared87 Member 85 Member For: 18y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Gympie Posted 30/06/08 06:32 AM Author Posted 30/06/08 06:32 AM I see you say 'drove'as in past tense, what happened did it finaly let go or did u replace it???
TOM1111 Member 631 Member For: 19y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: newcastle Posted 30/06/08 10:47 AM Posted 30/06/08 10:47 AM if you want to drive your car to its potential start saving for the T56pretty much every one with a T5 has deystroyed it at some stage with out going to extreme power lvls
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now