Apple Fans

XR6T8080

• Member For: 17y 6m 28d

[quote name='tab' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:26 PM' post='699964'

No offence intended, but you don’t seem to be a very tech-savy person, so that’s a pretty big claim to make.

Everything that you need to do perhaps.

im an A+ N+ MCP, half way through my MCSE, worked for the biggest IT company in the country for several years, travelled all over the world with them, ran a network for a while (although not on my own) and operated my own pc repair business for about 4 years. I also designed commercial websites for a while, which im actually thinking of doing again since its so easy for me now.

im actually thinking of doing some linux stuff so I can learn the mac inside and out, I dont think I need to learn any more windows sh*te.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Did I say there was never any problems?

I did say I’ve never had a virus (or spyware), and yes that is through antivirus and group policy restrictions. No that is not sh*t.

Seems like you’re just trying to pick an argument to justify your purchase :nod:

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 22d
Don’t see a need to compartmentalise everything, so no I don’t have a “preference”.

Have used both, Macs sh*t me in a business sense, PC’s sh*t me in every sense but are typically easier to deal with.

As a side-note the whole virus argument is crap. Have never had a virus on any of my PC’s, nor at work on a network of about 50odd. A PC in an unknowledgeable persons hands will inevitably lead to trouble, where as a MAC simply is that restrictive it’s almost impossible to get in to trouble. :nod:

No offence intended, but you don’t seem to be a very tech-savy person, so that’s a pretty big claim to make.

Everything that you need to do perhaps.

Macs are now very, very sound in a networked business environment.

Business environment usually means you have IT safeguarding viruses. Home users are left to their own devices.

Most people are uneducated with computers, so that means lots o' trouble.

Macs aren't restrictive if you're mac-savvy, but don't cause problems if you aren't.

Macs don't do EVERYTHING better, PC's have their strong points too.

Did I say there was never any problems?

I did say I’ve never had a virus (or spyware), and yes that is through antivirus and group policy restrictions. No that is not sh*t.

Seems like you’re just trying to pick an argument to justify your purchase :crybaby:

come on, you have to do better than that. I just said, probably 70% of my business with windows customers over the years was virus and spyware related, so how is it that your network can be any different.

ive worked with guys that actually write software that goes inside a major MS program, there probably the brainiest I.T. guys I have ever met, and they cant do what your saying, so explain to me how you can

these guys are MS Certified Everything, DBA, MCSE, certified trainers, the works. they are partners with MS themselves, in business together.

I wont say what program because I dont want to somehow land them in the sh*t.

Fair points :crybaby:

not trying to have a go at you but you tell me one thing (besides playing a certain game - we all know macs havnt got a lot of games at the moment) that you specifically need a pc to do.

im actually planning on getting a mac laptop some time soon as well.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 20d

a operating system is only as good as the software available for it, at the moment windows wins that hands down!

I will never buy a Mac so long as I am forced to use mac hardware, by all means open the OS up to suuport IBM compatible PC's (Macs OS is linux based, they run on Intel chipsets, there can not be that much to it anymore). Microsoft may have a monopoly on the operating system but they do not have a monopoly on the hardware fortunatly this means we still have a low cost barrier to getting a pc, In a world where apple was the dominatant operating system they would control the hardware and the software.. think microsoft is evil? apple aint no better!

oh and find me a hardcore gamer that uses an apple.. woops there are none!

as for viruses, they are writen with the intention of infecting the greatest number of operating systems, that happens to be windows, so the coders wriet them to attack windows, if apple were the main player they would write them to attack the macs weaknesses and any fool who belives mac OS and Linux have no weaknesses are absolute fools in my oppinion, they have weaknesses but the number of people actively looking for them and exploiting them would be a drop in the pond compared to those looking and exploiting them on wndows.

Edited by iTec

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Forgive my ignorance but aren’t you a painter Wes?

So you’re what - 28 years old, have worked with "the largest IT company" for four years, owned your own business for a few years repairing PC’s, got lots of acronyms that really mean f*ck all in the real world, and are now painting houses? :surrenderwave:

You refuse to use Microsoft products because they are too hard to figure out, use open office out of protest even though you would have access to free copies of everything through the partner program, have gone to a Mac because it’s better, refer to anyone that has a different point of view as ‘Bill Gates disciples’, yet would have given him thousands of dollars yourself to gain those fancy little letters. I am totally confused now!

Have already explained how I’ve achieved what I claimed, but you’re too ignorant to see it. Someone with your "experience" should be able to do it easily by tweaking what is now approx 2500 group policy settings available.

a operating system is only as good as the software available for it, at the moment windows wins that hands down!

I will never buy a Mac so long as I am forced to use mac hardware, by all means open the OS up to suuport IBM compatible PC's (Macs OS is linux based, they run on Intel chipsets, there can not be that much to it anymore). Microsoft may have a monopoly on the operating system but they do not have a monopoly on the hardware fortunatly this means we still have a low cost barrier to getting a pc, In a world where apple was the dominatant operating system they would control the hardware and the software.. think microsoft is evil? apple aint no better!

oh and find me a hardcore gamer that uses an apple.. woops there are none!

as for viruses, they are writen with the intention of infecting the greatest number of operating systems, that happens to be windows, so the coders wriet them to attack windows, if apple were the main player they would write them to attack the macs weaknesses and any fool who belives mac OS and Linux have no weaknesses are absolute fools in my oppinion, they have weaknesses but the number of people actively looking for them and exploiting them would be a drop in the pond compared to those looking and exploiting them on wndows.

if you had actually bothered to use the mac os for any extended period of time, I reckon you would realise how much faster / bug free it is compared to ANY version of windows.

and I keep saying I can do everything on my mac that you can do.

if you want to be silly and say that I cant run pc apps, I can run crossover and run any pc app direct from the desktop, that includes all your games.

installing a new printer on a pc:

plug in> found new hardware> insert disc (maybe) > finding> new hard ware is installed> use it

installing new printer on a mac:

plug in> press print no prompts or anything.

same when I bought my new DNS-323 NAS device, it was listed as windows only, but would work on mac, and do you think I could get it to work on vista or xp without problems? no.

plug it into the network and it just appears on the mac, no problem at all.

you put a CD in and it appears on the desktop like it should, to show theres a disc in there, if theres no disc they'll be no icon. - makes sense.

on windows if theres a disk or not you still get a stupid icon and if you click it it gives you an error. so for a new user that's a pain in the arse.

windows is and will always be, a clumsy, bloated, and slow operating system. end of the day.

im working for an old lady fixing her ceiling at the moment, and she has an old imac, and she told me that in 3 years (of being a novice home user) she hasnt had a single virus or spyware related problem. THAT ALONE is enough reason to get one.

Forgive my ignorance but aren’t you a painter Wes?

So you’re what - 28 years old, have worked with "the largest IT company" for four years, owned your own business for a few years repairing PC’s, got lots of acronyms that really mean f*ck all in the real world, and are now painting houses? :surrenderwave:

no need for that, you want to discuss things fine, no need for personal attacks.

that's what I've done, if you havnt any qualifications of your own, or any experience similar to that, then dont get all sh*tty now.

ive invited tab to meet me in person and repeat that for everybody on this forum

im multiskilled, if your not its not my bloody problem.

Edited by wesleyt