Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 26d
Posted

G'day all,

I am new to the site, new to turbo's and infact completely new to Ford's after being a Expensive Daewoo man for so long.

I have purchased an 03 BA XR6T two weeks ago. It has 76000km's and is completely stock.

Curiosity got better of me and I decided to tinker around.

I took off the hosing that goes from the top of the engine straight into the turbo. I firstly wiped away some oil (I presume oil) then with my finger spun the fan/blades in the turbo. I noticed a part of one of the fan/blades was a slightly different colour to the rest. At first I thought it was just dirty. I have been trying to insert a picture to show but haven't had any luck uploading.

The fan/blades spin freely, the car drives really well and the turbo seems to make all the right whistle/sounds/noises!!

Can anyone shed some light?

Not sure if I should be worried yet!!

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

G'Day mate and :welcome2:

It could just be some discolouration from oil, does the blade feel different from the rest? If not I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

There are alot of little things you can do on these cars to keep them at their best, have a bit of a search around through the technical sections of the forum and you will find them - or do a search for Boost Solenoid Maintenance and that should get you started

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Do a major service on the car if your unsure of its history. All the fluids, filters etc.

And get comfy you have some reading ahead.

I.B.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Mate is the car feels good and there if its not using oil then dont worry about it.

If it is really bugging you try a bit of carby cleaner on a rag and see if you can wipe what ever it it off the blade

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

mine has a white mark on one blade like a ,balancing mark or something

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted
mine has a white mark on one blade like a ,balancing mark or something

:buttonit: same with mine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...