XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 07/06/08 07:32 AM Posted 07/06/08 07:32 AM Up in Cairns today we had the official launch on the FG range, our club the NQ Performance club where there to display our cars.They had a FG XR6, XR8, G6 and the G6ET on display and the turbo and XR8 were available for a test thrash. I put my hand up straight away for a spin in the turbo. The power delivery of the car was unreal, the thing went like the clappers. the interior was good and not too overpowering. and the exterior looked hot. It had the 19's on it that would look great on my BA haha. my only problem was that I couldnt take it home right then.Ford has done a great job with this car, I hope it continues. Look out GM.I will put pics up later
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/06/08 09:07 AM Posted 07/06/08 09:07 AM Noice! Can't wait to have a drive myself...Where abouts in cairns are ya? My cousin lives in Smithfield and my auntie and uncle live in Edge Hill. I love cairns! You've probably seen my cousin's black Supra around town. Very quick car that one...
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 07/06/08 09:56 AM Author Posted 07/06/08 09:56 AM im at kewarra beach, not far north from smithfield. does your cousin work at supercheap or used to?
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Posted 07/06/08 10:13 AM Posted 07/06/08 10:13 AM PICS PLEASE!!!!!
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 07/06/08 11:24 AM Author Posted 07/06/08 11:24 AM just had a look at our photos and the missus 'forgot' to take photos of the G6ET. got some videos of it but. I'll try and upload them to youtube tommorrow. only really got photos of the cars in the club. http://picasaweb.google.com.au/Beau.Niki/FgLaunch
Nashy Member 96 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Location: Tully, QLD Posted 07/06/08 01:49 PM Posted 07/06/08 01:49 PM (edited) I live just south of cairns..my bro lives up there.....and just looked at the photos I know where that ford dealer is :D Edited 07/06/08 01:55 PM by Nashy
hafadude Legacy Donating Member 245 Member For: 21y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Cairns Qld Posted 07/06/08 08:55 PM Posted 07/06/08 08:55 PM Hey, I was there too yesterday. The FG's look better in the metal than the photos. The interiors have a better feel to them although the blue-ringed speedo/tacho look a bit like a toy. You were lucky to get a test drive. Maybe I'll get a chance in the future. Meanwhile, back to the ol' T.............!!Has your club done a run to Cooktown? Went there the other day for the first time on the sealed road. Now that's fun in a T when you can open up a bit.
Ausmelbman Inactive Members 1 Member For: 19y 2m 27d Posted 13/06/08 12:32 AM Posted 13/06/08 12:32 AM :ifiusethisimafag: Dam I want one but have to wait til next year when my lease runs out!
xr6_2001 Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide Posted 14/06/08 09:12 AM Posted 14/06/08 09:12 AM I assume all you guys have seen this
MGR Member 29 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Posted 16/06/08 02:04 PM Posted 16/06/08 02:04 PM Took a G6ET for a quick run today. Quite impressed with the low down torque and linear power delivery. The cashmere leather and interior trim make it a very nice place to sit. And the optional 19" wheels really finish the package nicely.Unfortunately the GE6T is a little outside my price range. The XR6 Turbo is about all I can aspire to at the moment. The only real gripe I have with the XR6T is the horribly tacky blue/red instrument cluster. Probably not a deal breaker, but yikes!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now