ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/06/08 11:13 AM Posted 01/06/08 11:13 AM Hey guys this is my first post so plz forgive any mistakes .I own a ba xr6t I have had it for almost 2 years and for the past 6 mths I have noticed a very slight high pitched engine noise kind of a grinding sound around 2 grand on the revs. I told the ford dealer and he recons he cant here anything {I know the sound wasent there b4}it seems to be getting worse I think it might be coming from the turbo???? Can any 1 here help plz!!!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 01/06/08 11:20 AM Posted 01/06/08 11:20 AM Hmmm, tricky to diagnose with out hearing it mate, but you could be on to something with the turbo. Pull the hard plastic intake pipe off the mouth of the turbo and take a look for any signs of wear and tear
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/06/08 11:24 AM Author Posted 01/06/08 11:24 AM Cool thanks for the heads up ill have a look .... is there anyone out there with a same prob???
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 01/06/08 11:32 AM Posted 01/06/08 11:32 AM it will be the turbo 99% of the time.have a look and get back to us
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 02/06/08 08:30 AM Posted 02/06/08 08:30 AM You've had the car 2 years and only now decide to show yourself.Anyway wellcome. And I have no idea about your engine trouble. Hope you got some warranty left.I.B.
ben 380 Member 51 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/08 11:10 AM Author Posted 02/06/08 11:10 AM You've had the car 2 years and only now decide to show yourself.Anyway wellcome. And I have no idea about your engine trouble. Hope you got some warranty left.I.B.Sorry m8 , as soon as I get this prb sorted , I intend to get some advise on possible upgrades for my beast..... cheers...
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 02/06/08 11:55 AM Posted 02/06/08 11:55 AM ferrari is a good upgrade
Philbrick123 Member 24 Member For: 19y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: W.A Posted 02/06/08 01:03 PM Posted 02/06/08 01:03 PM I had a bolt come out of the turbo housing and that made a bit of noise so maybe yours is loose. good luck mate..
hulk xr6t Member 160 Member For: 18y 11m 19d Posted 03/06/08 12:16 AM Posted 03/06/08 12:16 AM Those ford dealers... funny people... there could be a volcano erupting under your hood and they will say "cant here anything" that's normal..
QWKXR6T Member 23 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisvegas Posted 03/06/08 03:04 AM Posted 03/06/08 03:04 AM Sounds like it could be the turbo, if its still under waranty drop it off at ford and get them to sort it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now