Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Large Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 5d
  • Location: Brisvegas
Posted
driving with tc on in the dry and driving hard is the best way to brake sh*t , only use tc when it's wet or real light cruisin

I've always wondered this, why do you say that?

Felix

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted
Or do what I do, turn it off as soon as I start it :verysad:

:pinch:

Its only ever on when it rains

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted (edited)

I have tried it with and without T/C , also haven't to long ago had the custom tune and service so im not sure if it would be coils but maybe

Edited by wados
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
I've always wondered this, why do you say that?

Felix

Brakes at full throttle is not good. More of an issue for those pansies in their sedans with their precious little CV’s though. :pinch:

:verysad:

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

its pretty rare that I use traction control in the wet either, spins really easy in the wet, so more chance of popping something

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted (edited)

yeh sudden start stops of high kw kills driveline and engine bits real fast

I use tc in the wet but I don't use throttle .only take the T out in the wet if swmbo or the kids need to get somewhere so it's steady as she goes,

Edited by our06t
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

nah havent done spark plugs yet, whats the best thing to measure them with

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Feeler guages mate.

Grab a set from your local auto shop, they cost a few bucks.

Pull the plugs out, clean them with some wet & dry if you've got some, put the feelers in and tap down the electrode until its a nice tight fit.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

thanks rapid I will try the plugs over the weekend, bought a new fuel filter today and will do that tomorrow morning if it is neither than send it to the shop so someone can have look at it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...