Bobman Member 67 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/08 03:32 AM Author Posted 07/05/08 03:32 AM Click Here Bob it may make more sense....that one doesnt count technically so it's still 11....Not sure what you're trying to say
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/05/08 03:53 AM Posted 07/05/08 03:53 AM WDF
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 07/05/08 04:01 AM Posted 07/05/08 04:01 AM Not really getting the point of this crap....take any other profession and report on the total members of that profession in one state over five years and I'd bet my left nut it would leave these stats for dead. Police officers are human (most of them) and they would undoubtedly f*ck up occasionally.Don't forget that the days of members letting of their colleges are diminishing, in the day and age of ever-increasing camera enforcement I think the stats are pretty good. Sure there's no excuse for drink driving, no argument there, but it’s a poorly written article based loosely around rather pathetic statistics that have been blown out of proportion.For the first time in history . . . I.B.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/05/08 04:05 AM Posted 07/05/08 04:05 AM I think that's the second
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 07/05/08 04:12 AM Posted 07/05/08 04:12 AM If there was better attitude to civilians, there would be better attitude back at the police, etc. We're being treated like criminals for chirping a tyre, or driving a few clicks over the limit. Which is ironic, considering that harsher crimes, such as rape and murder get very lenient sentences.Those who come on here to complain about getting tickets and the ones who make all the excuses about such tickets are generally the more argumentative on such discussions on tickets as a result of being issued so many tickets.Drive propely and live happily ever after.I.B.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/05/08 04:13 AM Posted 07/05/08 04:13 AM I.BRoughly what percentage of cops would pull over a police car if they were doing let's say 10-20 over the limit?I can't see many of them doing it, I probably wouldn't if I was a cop. Or maybe give them a warning at most.
Bobman Member 67 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/08 04:23 AM Author Posted 07/05/08 04:23 AM Those who come on here to complain about getting tickets and the ones who make all the excuses about such tickets are generally the more argumentative on such discussions on tickets as a result of being issued so many tickets.Drive propely and live happily ever after.I.B.I haven't had any fines at all in the last 3+ years and I'm only 24 as well. I travel on average 60,000kms a year. I'd be a great candidate for a minor speeding fine, yet I haven't received any. I'm not complaining or arguing about having speed enforcement. I'm all for a major police presence on the roads.I'm arguing about the law which there is only one of.Just another issue though. Even if you drive properly, you can be fined if the camera is faulty or a mobile speed camera operator had set the wrong speed on his equipment (happens frequently). But who are we to argue? Guilty until proven innocent.
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Location: Perth WA Posted 07/05/08 05:16 AM Posted 07/05/08 05:16 AM I sort of get your point, but typically: - Teachers have horrible children - Dentists get tooth cavities - Doctors drink & smoke - Chefs eat takeaway food (know this for a fact )They are human beings. They are not on-duty 24/7. 11are the teachers/dentists/doctors/chefs all breaking the law and putting other innocent humans at risk of death though???
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/05/08 05:22 AM Posted 07/05/08 05:22 AM Oh no....you've been sucked in to the "speed kills" mantra as well I feel more comfortable being on the same road as a speeding cop over just about anyone else.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/05/08 06:07 AM Posted 07/05/08 06:07 AM Me too, but that doesn't make it right. If you're the one enforcing the law you should abide it. Sends out a wrong message.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now