Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 03/05/08 05:35 AM Posted 03/05/08 05:35 AM Yeah, definitely worth the investment..... I love mine, couldn't stand that crappy standard XR one - especially after having an EL GT one in my EF.Just remember that there are Futura (etc) drivers around that will buy the XR one - recoup some of your costs.
Geo Member 55 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/05/08 05:46 AM Author Posted 05/05/08 05:46 AM Ohhh EL GT wheel.... I reckon my wife would love one of those on her EF FAIRMONT... only problem is, can you actually still get them from anywhere? and how much would one cost?
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 05/05/08 07:59 AM Posted 05/05/08 07:59 AM It was awesome... I got it brand new in 2002 for what I thought was a heap of $$ (but it was less that my current FPV one!).I dont think you can get them new anymore, I've seen them come up s/h every now and then.
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/08 02:15 PM Posted 05/05/08 02:15 PM Time for me to find one at a bargain price. I bought one of the very last black/grey AU MOMO wheels for my EF, had it for a year in the car and it was as new as the day fitted, managed to sell it for $450...Too many things to buy, not enough time in the day
joshbmx Member 64 Member For: 18y 6m 5d Posted 06/05/08 02:43 AM Posted 06/05/08 02:43 AM if any one still has the standard xr leather one I might be interested as mines seen better days
Geo Member 55 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 02:50 AM Author Posted 06/05/08 02:50 AM Ok time for an update.. I bought the FPV wheel and a genuine ford amplified ipod input module the other day and should be installing them both this weekend (must say the FPV wheel feels nice and meaty compared to the standard XR one) ... Anybody have a link for installing it ? Also whats the procedure for taking the gear lever surround/covers off to install the ipod amp?G.
Geo Member 55 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/08 03:23 AM Author Posted 06/05/08 03:23 AM if any one still has the standard xr leather one I might be interested as mines seen better daysJosh, check your PMs.
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/08/08 06:39 AM Posted 03/08/08 06:39 AM (edited) I am keen to get a sport steering wheel, does anyone have a link for one of these steering wheels?Only place I can find them has them for $895.... Edited 03/08/08 06:40 AM by Cashie
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 03/08/08 07:02 AM Posted 03/08/08 07:02 AM Try this mate http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BA-BF-FPV-GT-P-STEE...idZp1638Q2em124They are normally only around $500 but there are only a few left.Good Luck
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/08/08 08:20 AM Posted 03/08/08 08:20 AM dont buy one from the user DAD_BESTOor something like that.. I bought one off him (brand new) but it was obviously 2nd hand
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now