Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

G'day boys,

Just doing a Project Cortina with a XR6T engine in it. I have heard that there is no ECU at the moment that controls only the engine.

Is this true?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted
G'day boys,

Just doing a Project Cortina with a XR6T engine in it. I have heard that there is no ECU at the moment that controls only the engine.

Is this true?

pretty much any aftermarket ecu will control the engine but your best bet is a standard ecu flashed.

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

I think some people have played with motec but you need something that will control the dual vct ,that seems to be the hardest part, the factory unit would be the go if you can sort out allthe wiring ,ie if you don't use all the factory parts ,sensors , dash cluster etc it can get tricky

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

a few people have used haltech, it may be easier considering you won't have the BA dash I assume

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I guess the only way is to ring some places up before I get into it...

Thanx boys...

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

where you from might start by calling someone like nizpro ,with these cars you need someone who knows how the engine and ecu work together ,the rest is all basics

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...