dms_dan Member 29 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Posted 18/04/08 02:28 AM Author Posted 18/04/08 02:28 AM Thanks mate. They are all pretty similar. I use clay magic blue, I have found that to be the best so far. I have a mate who uses sonus and he said that clay magic works better than that.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/04/08 02:29 AM Posted 18/04/08 02:29 AM Awesome write up, thanks
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 18/04/08 02:51 AM Posted 18/04/08 02:51 AM (edited) Heres how I've detailed my XR6T. Products purchased through waxit (a site sponsor).1) Wash car with Merguiars Gold Class + lambswool mitt2) Clay bar using Merguiars clay and spray3) Poorboys polish + sealant by hand4) 2-3 coats of DP's Max Wax (carnuba) by handMost times I wash the car I give it a coat of aqua wax to keep it smooooth Edited 18/04/08 02:55 AM by XF Falcon
dms_dan Member 29 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Posted 18/04/08 02:55 AM Author Posted 18/04/08 02:55 AM that's a good process XF. The aquawax will protect the sealant which will protect the paint. Everytime I was I use optimum car wax
Jman The Cleaning Dudes Ute Legacy Donating Member 1,308 Member For: 20y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia Posted 18/04/08 09:29 AM Posted 18/04/08 09:29 AM Great write up mate..
Guest Guests Posted 18/04/08 04:35 PM Posted 18/04/08 04:35 PM Can we get a list of recommended products for wash, clay, wax and polish please? I get confused when buying new products and just end up with crap
dms_dan Member 29 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Posted 19/04/08 02:21 AM Author Posted 19/04/08 02:21 AM Do you want off the shelf stuff or are you willing to spend the extra and get the good gear?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 19/04/08 02:44 AM Posted 19/04/08 02:44 AM would it be too long winded to have an opinion on both ends of the scale?
Guest Guests Posted 19/04/08 02:52 AM Posted 19/04/08 02:52 AM I don't mind buying the good stuff... unless it's ridiculously priced!
gilfxr6t Member 90 Member For: 19y 11m 11d Posted 19/04/08 04:46 AM Posted 19/04/08 04:46 AM nice write up mate,you might have to do one on how to wash and dry a car as this is the main failing I see on cars. I have countless mates who buy $80 waxes but then they wash with a 40 year old sponge out of one garden bucket. Is Menzerna much better then Poorboys ssr? I seem to get good results with poorboys ssr but its bloody hard work.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now