arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/04/09 07:34 AM Posted 21/04/09 07:34 AM With the Hayman bar no... As It bolts to the bottom and side of the spare wheel well.If it bolted to the bottom only, it might be possible, but that it highly illegal as it takes most of the strength away.And it doesnt matter how low the actual bar sits, the cut out size and place will be the same with the spacers I am using. To do what you want you'd have to modify the bar a fair bit.
gd1600 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 5m 8d Posted 23/04/09 11:35 PM Posted 23/04/09 11:35 PM Nah, there is better... And I'd hate to say to all the previous posters, I managed to get there.This is how Ford should have done it for those of us that actually need to tow with these things.Sorry about dragging up an old thread, but it seems there is a solution for us if needed. I actually pulled up next to another Force 6 on the way to Geelong on Saturday and the guy wanted to know how I did it, as he had to chop his bar like everyone else. He wasn't happy.Hi arm79Having just gone through the nightmare of trying to get a Ford delaership in Melbourne to give me a comfort level to proceed (and I haven't), I would be interested in talking about this further.Let me know if I can send you some details to to have a chat about this. I have a BF Typhoon and would be interested in finding out a bit more.Thanks,Gareth.
Erko Legacy Donating Member 1,079 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/04/09 12:20 AM Posted 24/04/09 12:20 AM ARM79, had a look and I see what you mean.if you are able to get some photos with more detail on the underside that would be great, and show us the spacer set upthanksRob
arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/09 05:54 AM Posted 24/04/09 05:54 AM (edited) Hi arm79Having just gone through the nightmare of trying to get a Ford delaership in Melbourne to give me a comfort level to proceed (and I haven't), I would be interested in talking about this further.Let me know if I can send you some details to to have a chat about this. I have a BF Typhoon and would be interested in finding out a bit more.Thanks,Gareth.mmmm... I'm concerned that you think someone like myself taking a hacksaw, angle grinder and stanley knife to a $3000 rear bar provides more comfort level than a Ford dealer... But each to their own.. lol..The benefit is, you get to know how to do it better... Things I learnt while doing mine.Which dealers did you goto, as I found none would help. It was all a "tough S#$t" kind of problem, you had to cut the bar.You're welcome to come take a look at mine and could easily show you how to do it if you wanted. I'm in the western suburbs of Melb. Just drop me a PM or something.ARM79, had a look and I see what you mean.if you are able to get some photos with more detail on the underside that would be great, and show us the spacer set upthanksRobI still haven't taken the bar off, but may be on Sunday. When I do I'll definitely take more pics.I was also hoping to go fishing this weekend, so if I take the boat out for a spin, I can get pics of me bolting it all together... And I'll tell you if my setup can pull 1200kg. Edited 24/04/09 05:58 AM by arm79
JPYBNE Member 14 Member For: 17y 7m 17d Posted 28/10/11 06:54 AM Posted 28/10/11 06:54 AM Any pics of the underside of your setup forthcomming ?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/10/11 08:13 AM Posted 28/10/11 08:13 AM prob not mate considering its an old thread from 2009.
Tockley Member 51 Member For: 17y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/11/11 05:19 AM Posted 04/11/11 05:19 AM I was reading with interest til I saw the dates! Wanted a hide-away tow option for my FG F6...
Martin HKS New Member 4 Member For: 17y 3m 27d Gender: Male Location: Slack Creek, Brisbane Posted 16/11/11 03:40 AM Posted 16/11/11 03:40 AM Sorry to drag up such an old thread but can anyone supply the part number of the end caps used when the bar insert is cut for the tow bar. I'd love to "clean up" mine with these but Ford have no idea what I'm after.CheersMarty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now