Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d
  • Location: Cairns Qld
Posted

Hi all just a quick question have a ba xr6t making about 357kw with the 4 speed auto and std diff gears. Took it to the drags and ran 121mph but at only 12.50 am looking at a stall but I have a set of 4:11 gears does anyone have these in and what did it do to the driveability as I drive this quite regularly.

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Hi all just a quick question have a ba xr6t making about 357kw with the 4 speed auto and std diff gears. Took it to the drags and ran 121mph but at only 12.50 am looking at a stall but I have a set of 4:11 gears does anyone have these in and what did it do to the driveability as I drive this quite regularly.

I think 4.11 is a good choice for a 4 speed auto as 2.39 1st gear with 4.11 equals 9.82 and a manual 6 speed 2.66 with 3.73 equals 9.92 so nearly identical. This change will defiantly help your launch and reduce your 60 foot time.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d
  • Location: Cairns Qld
Posted
I think 4.11 is a good choice for a 4 speed auto as 2.39 1st gear with 4.11 equals 9.82 and a manual 6 speed 2.66 with 3.73 equals 9.92 so nearly identical. This change will defiantly help your launch and reduce your 60 foot time.

I should help the sixt foot heaps but just not sure what it will do with the change in rpm at 100 have a four hour drive to the track from here.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

from 3.45 to 4.11 is a 20% increase. whatever your rpm at cruising speed (say 2k @ 100pkh) will be increased by 20% (2400 rpm for 100kph), at a rough guess.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d
  • Location: Cairns Qld
Posted
from 3.45 to 4.11 is a 20% increase. whatever your rpm at cruising speed (say 2k @ 100pkh) will be increased by 20% (2400 rpm for 100kph), at a rough guess.

Thanks guys just trying to decide whether to put the gears in first or buy a stall and try it.

  • Senior Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Caringbah 9526-5322
Posted

Buy a stallie and leave the ratio's as they are

CV PERFORMANCE

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 4d
Posted

I had 3.73 in mine when I was manual when I put the auto in I went back to 3.23 its only a 3 speed but

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...