ba390 Member 8 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Location: Cairns Qld Posted 06/03/08 08:36 AM Posted 06/03/08 08:36 AM Hi all just a quick question have a ba xr6t making about 357kw with the 4 speed auto and std diff gears. Took it to the drags and ran 121mph but at only 12.50 am looking at a stall but I have a set of 4:11 gears does anyone have these in and what did it do to the driveability as I drive this quite regularly.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/03/08 01:20 PM Posted 06/03/08 01:20 PM Hi all just a quick question have a ba xr6t making about 357kw with the 4 speed auto and std diff gears. Took it to the drags and ran 121mph but at only 12.50 am looking at a stall but I have a set of 4:11 gears does anyone have these in and what did it do to the driveability as I drive this quite regularly.I think 4.11 is a good choice for a 4 speed auto as 2.39 1st gear with 4.11 equals 9.82 and a manual 6 speed 2.66 with 3.73 equals 9.92 so nearly identical. This change will defiantly help your launch and reduce your 60 foot time.
ba390 Member 8 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Location: Cairns Qld Posted 07/03/08 06:38 AM Author Posted 07/03/08 06:38 AM I think 4.11 is a good choice for a 4 speed auto as 2.39 1st gear with 4.11 equals 9.82 and a manual 6 speed 2.66 with 3.73 equals 9.92 so nearly identical. This change will defiantly help your launch and reduce your 60 foot time.I should help the sixt foot heaps but just not sure what it will do with the change in rpm at 100 have a four hour drive to the track from here.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Posted 07/03/08 06:42 AM Posted 07/03/08 06:42 AM from 3.45 to 4.11 is a 20% increase. whatever your rpm at cruising speed (say 2k @ 100pkh) will be increased by 20% (2400 rpm for 100kph), at a rough guess.
ba390 Member 8 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Location: Cairns Qld Posted 07/03/08 07:17 AM Author Posted 07/03/08 07:17 AM from 3.45 to 4.11 is a 20% increase. whatever your rpm at cruising speed (say 2k @ 100pkh) will be increased by 20% (2400 rpm for 100kph), at a rough guess.Thanks guys just trying to decide whether to put the gears in first or buy a stall and try it.
CV PERFORMANCE Senior Member Member 139 Member For: 20y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Caringbah 9526-5322 Posted 07/03/08 07:24 AM Posted 07/03/08 07:24 AM Buy a stallie and leave the ratio's as they areCV PERFORMANCE
DUS12 Member 471 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Posted 19/03/08 02:22 AM Posted 19/03/08 02:22 AM I had 3.73 in mine when I was manual when I put the auto in I went back to 3.23 its only a 3 speed but
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now