80 RPM Member 46 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Posted 05/03/08 11:14 PM Posted 05/03/08 11:14 PM Just wondering wether anyone knows what diameter the pipe is (where it meets the cat)and what the hole centres are for the bolts on the extractors?Just trying to save some time as I would like to get the gasket before pulling the extractors offmy extractors are probably only two or three years old and one or two of the welds has cracked!Any info much appreciated.Regards,Ryan.
80 RPM Member 46 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Posted 08/03/08 12:10 PM Author Posted 08/03/08 12:10 PM For future reference 2.5 inch!Pics of the Crack not Hole!It goes 90% of the way round on one of the collectorsThey were 4495's I'd imagine 2 years old?
THABOSS Legacy Donating Member 29 Member For: 18y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Jabiru NT Posted 15/03/08 02:55 AM Posted 15/03/08 02:55 AM Get A Set Of New Ones.....
Guest Guests Posted 15/03/08 09:05 PM Posted 15/03/08 09:05 PM Get A Set Of New Ones.....I 2nd that, time for new ones.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/03/08 09:55 PM Posted 15/03/08 09:55 PM Why....just re-weld it....
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 15/03/08 11:11 PM Posted 15/03/08 11:11 PM exactly - weld it - and brace the two pipes to each other to stop them doing it again.
80 RPM Member 46 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Posted 08/04/08 03:02 AM Author Posted 08/04/08 03:02 AM exactly - weld it - and brace the two pipes to each other to stop them doing it again.I ended up rewelding them pain in the ass thoughI will have to cut them up in the near future and fix it properly thoughthe crack went right round the collector so down the centre I had to weld up either side til I could join itnext time I'll have to cut the collector out and weld it from the insideI did't brace it because I think it will crack again in timeI'll build a new exhaust for it in the future with a better flex join might make some nice S/S headers at the same time!Would have thought they lasted longer than what they did thoughprobably just 12 months old!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/04/08 05:23 AM Posted 08/04/08 05:23 AM have you thought about using steam pipe and ceramic coating them? should be cheaper than SS and won't be as prone to cracking IMO
slo_au2 Member 22 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Langwarrin, Victoria Posted 20/04/08 05:34 AM Posted 20/04/08 05:34 AM Yeah , New ones would of Been Easier .. First time I have ever seen Pacemakers with Faults in them though ..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now