Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/03/08 09:56 AM Posted 05/03/08 09:56 AM G'day everyone. I stumbled across this site and have spent the last 4 hours scouring through countless threads. Very informative and seems like one of the friendliest forum crowds around. I'm in the printing game and am looking to get some wheels that enable me to cart jobs around from time to time. I've looked at wagons and apart from the overpriced Audi A4 Avant, nothing else grabs me. One of my first cars was an original VL Calais turbo wagon that ended up running high 12s, so I've always had a soft-spot for turbos and understated sleepers. Anyhow, I've all but decided I'll be grabbing a 2nd hand or ex-demo TT or TTG, but I'm struggling to see where the extra value is in the GHIA. I might be missing something here, so can anyone offer up some support for the extra $10k spend? Here's some pricing from dealers - could only find 1 TTG.2007 FORD TERRITORY SY Ghia Turbo– 4,500km $55,9972007 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 6,500km $46,8882006 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 16,000km $45,9902006 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 3,000km $44,9802006 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 19,000km $42,1702006 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 19,500km $39,8882006 FORD TERRITORY SY Turbo – 2,000km $44,980Before I hit the car yards I want to be relatively informed. Why did you grab the TTG over the TT?Thanks in advance!
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 05/03/08 10:13 AM Posted 05/03/08 10:13 AM Welcome to the site Grudgee. Not to sure on the TT's but Zap should be along shortly to answer you questions.
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/03/08 10:21 AM Author Posted 05/03/08 10:21 AM Cheers 72. Thanks for the welcome note.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/03/08 10:39 AM Posted 05/03/08 10:39 AM Am I that predictable 72 ? To answer the question, it is down to personal choice.The colour ICC screen, dual climate control and leather make a big difference to the interior feel.It is not easy to justify the $10k difference aside from going and looking at both cars.The TTG is a great car for the overall package. It is big fast and thirsty.All I can say is test drive a TT, then get in a TTG and I am sure you will be sold.You could also spend another $10k over a TTG and get the F6-X, this is even harder to justify as the only difference is motor, seat trim, wheel style and front calipers.
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/03/08 11:56 AM Author Posted 05/03/08 11:56 AM I think my budget (and the distinct lack of 2nd hand TTGs available) might be the deciding factor. I much prefer leather, but the screen and climate control are 2 things I could probably live without. I'd like the parking sensors to help prevent my mrs reversing into things though. As long as a car has electric windows, cruise control, a decent sound system (are they mp3 cd players?) and doesn't look like a plastic playground from the drivers seat, I'd be content. I love a sunroof, but I don't think they're even an option on the Territories, are they? Is there anything else the GHIAS have as a standard option apart from what you said above? Hopefully I can find a TT with leather option, but based on the pricing, I bet people just up'd to the TTG instead of optioning the TT.
Surfpig4 Member 4 Member For: 18y 7m 5d Posted 05/03/08 02:44 PM Posted 05/03/08 02:44 PM My Justification was drive a TT and buy a TTG thas exactly what I did 5days ago... I wanted leather.. I also drive a Falcon Ute on a daily basis for work ...I wanted something different to get into, totally different dash layout ect ect as for MP3 Cd very large downfall! No go but they do an aux input for ipods or whatever you may like to put through the stereo...Sunroof..Not from ford Aftermarket you can probably get done...Hope this helps...Cheers Punchy
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/03/08 09:25 PM Author Posted 05/03/08 09:25 PM Thanks Punchy. I'm a big fan of leather too, so we'll see how it goes. I drove a TX and wasn't that impressed by the interior and from what I can gather, the TT has the same setup, doesn't it?Bummer on the Mp3. I thought it was a standard these days. My Mrs drives an entry-level 2005 corolla and it has Mp3!I'm not a fan of aftermarket sunroofs, so I'll be sunroofless whichever route I take.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/03/08 09:55 PM Posted 05/03/08 09:55 PM The Ghias have a reverse camera, memory seats, leather, different dash, dual zone climate, LCD colour ICC, better audio and speakers, black facia, photocramic mirror, foglights, colour coded bumpers and different wheels.I think that is it from memory. The dealers will do a deal, if you have done your homework. I searched on carsales.com.au and ebay for the cheapest TTG and my dealer matched it.You may not get your first choice in colour, but I am sure you can get a '07 plated TTG for the right money.
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/03/08 01:23 AM Author Posted 06/03/08 01:23 AM That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks Zap!I've got $45k to work with, so I might be able to get an 07 TT on road if I do some shopping. Otherwise an 06 ex-demo or 2nd hand with modest kms might be the option to leave a few grand for basic mods. It's amazing how cheap you can gain an extra 80-100kw these days. Crazy stuff.
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/03/08 04:19 AM Author Posted 06/03/08 04:19 AM The excitement is building. Tee'd up a test drive on Saturday, so I might be back on the turbo bandwagon by Monday!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now