Sign in to follow this  
explicit

10's On A Zf Auto?

A couple of blokes have already hit high 10's with the ZF 6 speed box

I think the quickest 2 times to date are a 10.92 and a 10.94

neither of them were on stock zf's though.

one was built by Kewish and the other was built a guy on the forum from here in wa, f6_tornado (the 10.94 was only done last weekat the plex)

there are still weaknesses with them as the 10.94 car broke the input shaft on the next run, and im not sure there is an upgrade available yet.

Any 10sec BA is gonna have reliability issues if they retain any factory driveline components. To have a reliable 10sec streeter you'd have to have it set up for drags ie. 3 speed built box, big stally, MW strengthened LSD, billet axles and shafts, forged engine etc etc which would make it a pain on the street.

Lots of 10sec street cars that aren't BA's would have a hard time wasting an 11 or 12 sec T on the street anyway because things like tyres, weight reduction, suspension is different. If you're after a 10 second car there's lots better platforms to start off with, and just keep the T as the daily... It'll still hold it's own on the street with a bit of tweaking :surrenderwave:

Maybe I should clarify, im not looking for a dedicated 10 sec race/drag car, moreso Im intending to go ahead with the Nizpro stage II Plus kit, which equates to 350-380rwkw. That sort of power is 10sec material - of course many variables come into play to run 10's but it has the capability nonetheless. Its a daily driver and will visit the track (drags and circuit) on the odd occassion to blow out the cobwebs. Just curious on what feedback has been obtained with this driveline.

The Nizpro stageII plus kit should see you deep into 11sec territory but I don't think a 10 would be achievable in one of these barges with that gear. I know that Tom's F6 (recent 10.94) Has a Nizpro stageIV plus some custom bits and pieces and made ~540rwkw a few days before it hit the track. CSVLS1's F6 had 400+rwkw iirc and numerous retunes/passes before his 10.92.

Believe me, once you drive it on the street with ~380rwkw it will feel super quick... no matter what time it pulls down at the Plex :surrenderwave:

The Nizpro stageII plus kit should see you deep into 11sec territory but I don't think a 10 would be achievable in one of these barges with that gear. I know that Tom's F6 (recent 10.94) Has a Nizpro stageIV plus some custom bits and pieces and made ~540rwkw a few days before it hit the track. CSVLS1's F6 had 400+rwkw iirc and numerous retunes/passes before his 10.92.

Believe me, once you drive it on the street with ~380rwkw it will feel super quick... no matter what time it pulls down at the Plex :spoton:

It was actually on my first pass with 400+kw that got me my 10.92. If your able to get a 1.5-1.6 60ft with a stage 2+ then a 10 should be done. Just how long the driveline lasts is another matter. :surrenderwave:

It was actually on my first pass with 400+kw that got me my 10.92. If your able to get a 1.5-1.6 60ft with a stage 2+ then a 10 should be done. Just how long the driveline lasts is another matter. :surrenderwave:

Wow that's impressive :spoton:

I thought I remembered reading that it was a long process to achieve that time :idunno:

Surely 10's aren't achievable with the Nizpro stageII plus on a daily driver? If suspension and driveline were given lots of attention then I could see it but how drivable would it be on the street??? More importantly... How would it hold up after a few of these 10sec passes?

That's great to hear, now the real question is, how reliable are they :D

Not so reliable at 380rwks in std form. However with some minor clutch work and good oil changed frequently it will be OK. Any more and it will not last to long and after the clutch work the next weakest link is the Input shaft which will snap in time. There was supposed to be a aftermarket input shaft but that has turned out to be frog sh!t and at present the only input shafts are genuine heat treated and stress relieved which are still breaking. As Toms did on Monday albeit it had way to much rwkws for what he needed to do on the day.

Remembering this is a 650nm box and most on this forum are running 800nm and UP!!

Bloody good transmission if you asked me.

How would it hold up after a few of these 10sec passes?

It wont :surrenderwave: @ or around 400 its got a chance but with the HP Tom had it was on death row! Tom went for broke on the day and it snapped and that was his day then and there! he could have run a 10 with a 100 less rwkws but when chasing records people go hard and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.

Maybe I should clarify, im not looking for a dedicated 10 sec race/drag car, moreso Im intending to go ahead with the Nizpro stage II Plus kit, which equates to 350-380rwkw. That sort of power is 10sec material - of course many variables come into play to run 10's but it has the capability nonetheless. Its a daily driver and will visit the track (drags and circuit) on the odd occassion to blow out the cobwebs. Just curious on what feedback has been obtained with this driveline.

Hi explicit, I have the nizpro stage 2 on my F6 running a Tunehouse custom edit tune

My ZF has done 35,000 km with the stage 2 kit still running the factory standard trans, I have changed over to the castrol transmax Z so far its holding together, though and it gets changed straight after every drag racing outing

I think a 10 is achievable with the factory ZF......will have a crack when we get some cooler air

Not so reliable at 380rwks in std form. However with some minor clutch work and good oil changed frequently it will be OK. Any more and it will not last to long and after the clutch work the next weakest link is the Input shaft which will snap in time. There was supposed to be a aftermarket input shaft but that has turned out to be frog sh!t and at present the only input shafts are genuine heat treated and stress relieved which are still breaking. As Toms did on Monday albeit it had way to much rwkws for what he needed to do on the day.

Remembering this is a 650nm box and most on this forum are running 800nm and UP!!

Bloody good transmission if you asked me.

F6 Tornado is it possible to get a new shaft CNC machined out of higher grade material?

Would this resolve the issue?

I have a BF Typhoon fitted with Nizpro Stage 2.5 kit @ 380rwkw and hav done over 10,000km's thus far with no dramas! Its driven at the speed limit 95% of the time and the remainder at warp 9 with the odd drag race when someones silly enough to try lol :drool:

Cheers

Hi explicit, I have the nizpro stage 2 on my F6 running a Tunehouse custom edit tune

My ZF has done 35,000 km with the stage 2 kit still running the factory standard trans, I have changed over to the castrol transmax Z so far its holding together, though and it gets changed straight after every drag racing outing

I think a 10 is achievable with the factory ZF......will have a crack when we get some cooler air

I thought your auto was slipping?

I thought your auto was slipping?

Hi Mauz, yes it was flairing between the gear changes at wot

A service with new sump and filter assy flushed and filled with castrol transmax Z has improved it out of sight

F6 Tornado is it possible to get a new shaft CNC machined out of higher grade material?

Would this resolve the issue?

Would be nice if it was as simple as making a new billeted shaft on a CNC machine! But it’s sadly not that simple. The input shaft is part of the first planetary set and it’s integrated into the E clutch pack so another word’s it’s not just a simple shaft that we can beef up.

It also goes back through B & A Clutches, the trans/converter pump and then into the converter so very little room to fatten it up @ its entire length.

It’s actually very well made and the fact it twists to some degree before fracture is a good sign it has some ductility. If it was too hard or to highly stressed it would fracture without any deformation whatsoever. What we need to do is increase its ductility without making it any harder. So it’s more ductile so as to be able to flex without fatigue, Deformation or fracture. Not so easy considering the size and shape of it but we need to do something with the HP cars now the clutches can take it.

Wasn't Billsta running over 430 rwkw with the standard ZF Transmission in his Typhoon!? :3gears:

Yeah I still am, I've done the Tranzmax service and the box is still going strong.

I think we will see a Phoon with 380rwkw break a 10 second in the near future.

from memory Billsta, your car was tuned with some form of sympathy in mind for the inoput shaft, rather than an all or nothing tune from low rpm, is that right?

Either way it still goes hard!