Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney 's Northern Beaches
Posted

I replaced the standard front rotors on my 2006 XR6T, having warped the front right one on a track day!

Put on DBA 4000 slotted with EBC Green pads.

Bled the brakes and replaced with good quality (can't remember the brand etc, think it was mobil)fluid.

Getting towards the end of the next track day session, I still get some fade.

Perhaps I am braking too late and/or trying to hard on a factory car?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

So you have standard sized rotors but dba 4000's? If so you may need to go bigger for heavy track work.

What track are you refering too? Maybe other people on hear can give you there experiences at this venue.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Rotors and pads won't do much if at all to increase fade resistance. Like you, I found this out the hard way on a track (wakefield) with smoking DBA4000's and Bendix Ultimate (later Ferodo Formula) pads.

Bigger rotors and pads are the only effective way to increase fade resistance. I made sure my second XR6T had the premium brake option (BA model) and there was hardly any fade noticeable on track days.

You can get the same kit for a bit over 1k + fitting, the manufacturer is PBR.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

the full pbr kit through Repco is around $2000, that inludes calipers, discs, pads and braided lines

I've found them pretty good so far, but am yet to do a track day with them

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney 's Northern Beaches
Posted

So you have standard sized rotors but dba 4000's? If so you may need to go bigger for heavy track work.

What track are you refering too? Maybe other people on hear can give you there experiences at this venue.

I have been going to Eastern Creek.

Turn two, the sharp hairpin is where I notice it the most.

Been trying to reduce my lap times, so going harder.

Thanks to all for your feedback

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...