Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
Posted

Hey guys, Ran my F6 at Eastren Creek last night but couldn't get it to stop axle tramping. Even with the slightest bit of wheel spin and it felt like the rear wheels were going to fall off... Was still good for 13.4sec at 176kph but I let it bog down to stop the wheels spinning... Could definitely be quicker... Any suggestions? Other than trading it on an auto...

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Shocks Shocks Shocks!!! ... If you are a sedan then you should buy a set of CVs!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Hey mate, you've got a few options, but checkout http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41967 , it shows you what happens if you leave it. Mal Wood does a kit to fix it, or so I read. See

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40101

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40101

This would be the answer your looking for.

Those are on Utes, with the live axle. What are you Sean, sedan or ute?? If Ute, looks like your problems could be solved.

If its a sedan, well I've got Bilstein and Kings on mine and still get tramp. Can't f*cking stop it, so I'm buying some better CVs.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
Posted
Those are on Utes, with the live axle. What are you Sean, sedan or ute?? If Ute, looks like your problems could be solved.

If its a sedan, well I've got Bilstein and Kings on mine and still get tramp. Can't f*cking stop it, so I'm buying some better CVs.

Yeah, it's a sedan... I have a bad feeling something broke as well... When I take off in first now, there's a thud from the rear just as I let out the clutch...

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

maybe the friendly diff clunk has paid you a visit - no charge of course!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

id say that would be the diff bush mate.. fulcrum do an aftermarket one but im not sure how they are.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Are aftermarket diffs only still for BA, or are they made for BF now too? Dont want anything too hard though, hate to bust the diff cover.

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Sean what mods have you got to run a 13.4?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...