Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 19d
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Yes, accuracy of gauges is suspect with some cheaper units, so if it sway a pound or two I wouldn't be too worried. Hook up a mechanical hydraulic air gauge and it should give a fairly accurate measurement. Or as mentioned once on a dyno, hooking up the manifold pressure sensor will also give an accurate measurement.

  • The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia
Posted

I've got scotts boost gauge in my ute which reads in bar, when I hit full boost it reads 0.3bar, which is roughly 4.something PSI.

When I had my car on the dyno, the run came up with 4.4psi on full boost.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I got my gauges installed over the weekend and I think the bloke that installed them didnt do it right because the max reading that I am getting is only 5psi dont know if I should take it back, or if it is an easy fix and I should try fix it myself? the car is stock.

werd you get em dun at? I was lookin into payn sum1 to do it in sydney

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Mine runs a bees dick over 0.5BAR (JUST under 8psi) in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then if I hold my foot down in 4th, 5th and 6th it reads 0.6BAR exactly, which is about 8.7 PSI, which is exactly what showed up on the Nizpro dyno...Obviously under more load it uses more boost or full boost. I can hear the boost bleeding out in the latter example, sounds like two separate whoosh sounds at the same time...Anyone else heard this?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
werd you get em dun at? I was lookin into payn sum1 to do it in sydney

I am from melb I got a friend of a friend who is a mechanic to install them for me, he had done a few ba's so I was quite comfortable letting him install them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...