R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/01/08 02:56 AM Posted 21/01/08 02:56 AM (edited) Can you please describe this handbrake swoosh noise?I've been having issues with the back disks on the BA, and I think it's the handbrake that causes the back wheels to squeek under light braking. They told me that the rear brake lines were recalled and need to be replaced at the next service, however I don't think that would solve the grinding and squeeking.This could be the same issue?Then again, I heard that the handbrake is on the rear axle and not connected to the rear disks on Falcons? Edited 21/01/08 02:57 AM by theblueyjr
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 21/01/08 03:37 AM Posted 21/01/08 03:37 AM yep, handbrake is separate to the disc and pads. it is like a drum brake inside the rear discs, and is a sh*t design, and fiddly as hell to adjust properly.
KAZ68U Member 37 Member For: 21y 14d Posted 21/01/08 11:07 AM Posted 21/01/08 11:07 AM Exact same thing happened to me man your not alone.Fact is they dont care they always back there service men to the very end.Just lay a dirty fart in the office when your grabbin your keys its all they deserve LOL
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/01/08 11:11 PM Posted 21/01/08 11:11 PM (edited) AAAAHAHAHAHA I might just hang a massive AGB borry near the door when I come in, wipe my sticky sh*t encrusted ass with my hand and overenthusiastically run around shaking everyone's hand like I'm mentally challenged next time I go in a Ford dealership. Edited 21/01/08 11:11 PM by theblueyjr
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/08 01:02 AM Posted 22/01/08 01:02 AM ROFL...yeah the handbrake design is a p.o.s...Basically like a drum brake setup that presses a large semi circular shoe against the inside of the Rotor hub.The cyclic swoosh can be heard at low speeds, (20 - 40 kmh) and especially if you drive with the window down and there are nearby walls, cars etc for the sound to reflect back at you. I heard it every morning as my wife drives off to work, drove me nuts.basically all BA's do it unless its been addressed in the TSB. Get it done at the same time they replace the rear hoses on recall, just insist that they do the full TSB and not just install the new centering spring, it must be adjusted on the cable adjuster on the inside of the dust sheild.they will cheat and try to just adjust the main cable tension, not the correct way to set it up.
Mes83 Member 51 Member For: 18y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/01/08 01:37 AM Posted 22/01/08 01:37 AM Ford Service... what can you say really. Went to QFord with a warranty problem..... 6 visits later still not fixed. So now I seek help elsewhere.Cheers Adam
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 27d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 22/01/08 03:12 AM Posted 22/01/08 03:12 AM Never been to a Ford dealer who hasn't f*cked up a job, and over the years I've tried 8 of em. For me they have a 100% record of f*cking things up (mind you, other manufactuer's track records aren't much better). On the other side of the coin, in nearly 20 years of driving, I've only ever had 2 f*ck-ups from indipendent workshops.The latest is it went in to fix the steering clunk mid last year. Came out with a fried CD player because they decided to try and reset my heater unit. Took two months and three visits to replace the CD player, then took another 2 months to get my CDs back. All of the CDs are scratched to buggery, cracked and gouged. I am still trying to get an answer from them about replacing the CDs.
John K Member 141 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/08 10:29 AM Posted 22/01/08 10:29 AM (edited) Never been to a Ford dealer who hasn't f*cked up a job, and over the years I've tried 8 of em. For me they have a 100% record of f*cking things up (mind you, other manufactuer's track records aren't much better).Way back when, I had an XF, an EB and an EF all serviced by dealers from new. Never had a dealer problem. The EF harmonic balancer became unbonded at around 60,000km and the pulley slipped back and wiped out the crank position sensor. The engine died and I got stuck in the bush for days. I got towed to a Mazda dealer (the only workshop in the nearest town) and the new harmonic balancer and sensor were ordered and fitted. When I got home, I went to my Ford dealer and discussed the problem I had. They told me it was not an isolated incident and PAID for ALL my expenses, even though the car was out of warranty by 6 months.Good guys!Hopefully they are still OK 10 years later.I did have a shocker with a Mitsubishi dealer though. 90,000km Magna service and the timing belt was changed. A couple of days later I was coasting down a big hill and all the lights came on. The engine wouldn't restart and sounded a bit weird when cranking. Got towed to my dealer who had a quick look and told me I was in big trouble - the belt had jumped. I told them they were in big trouble since they just fitted the new belt. It turned out that some sap in the workshop dropped a M6 nut into the hole when changing the air filter. Big vacuum down the hill and the nut went into #1 cylinder. It "hydraulicked" the piston, bent the rod, jumped the belt and bent all 24 valves. The service manager idiotically showed me the pounded nut and the dents on the top of the piston and tried to tell me that the nut fell off from somewhere inside the engine and that I was going to have to pay for it all. I got both heads rebuilt for free, new piston, rings etc. Unbelievable. Edited 22/01/08 10:31 AM by John K
coupeboy351 Member 55 Member For: 19y 1m 4d Posted 22/01/08 12:45 PM Author Posted 22/01/08 12:45 PM they lost me as a customer when they did this to me and blamed me and then asked me to pay $275 to fix.I ordered a cable from bayford on ebay $30 and it came 2 days later and I fixed it myself(new design handle) it took 15 min for me and I've never done one before.Why wouldn't my dealer have said you pay for the cable and we will fit it free and keep their customers happy and coming back, BAD FORM FORD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now