xb99 Member 90 Member For: 18y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/01/08 09:47 PM Author Posted 07/01/08 09:47 PM Will the dealer supply a warranty?Dealer has to provide 3month warranty, and they are happy to sell me an additional one for 1k, which last 4 years, max payout in one claim of 2k, backed by an insurance company (not backed by the dealership).
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 08/01/08 01:45 AM Posted 08/01/08 01:45 AM Is that $23K plus your commy???If so walk away especially for a 2003 model unless it has Premium Sound, Leather, Sunroof etc.You should be able to find somehting that suits in your price range.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/01/08 01:59 AM Posted 08/01/08 01:59 AM Mate waht could you sell your Late model camira for privately? what would then be your budget, what are you after, answer that and we may very well point you in the direction of a good car, with a history on here and part of a community. Mate as much as the temtation is there do not RUSH.Scotty
xb99 Member 90 Member For: 18y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/01/08 03:25 AM Author Posted 08/01/08 03:25 AM Hey GuysJust an update, I turned the car down, seemed like the right thing to do. Last resort was ringing around the area where the guy lived, no mechanic remembered the car, but the pub did. lol.Hope it goes to a good home, but it was too hard to overlook lack of service history!Still in the hunt!-Ryan
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 20d Gender: Male Posted 08/01/08 04:04 AM Posted 08/01/08 04:04 AM Well done. Check your private messages :popcorn:
Peccavi Member 29 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: NT - The Alice Posted 12/01/08 05:13 AM Posted 12/01/08 05:13 AM Good arfternoon. How are we all .. ?Was just reading through as I am very interested in a 04 xr6t that I test drove today (I am very impressed) and wanted to know what peoples thoughts where on autos (semi auto or what ever the 4speed box is). I have never owned on auto b4, and did not want to get one, but I found that I didnt mind the one I drove today .. I was told that they are well biult and not many problems have arisen with the xr6t, is this true?? I was so impressed that I got the dealer to hold it, and will probly be in monday to put a deposit on it after taking it for another 'test dive'thankyou,
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 12/01/08 08:35 AM Posted 12/01/08 08:35 AM Take another for a test drive just as a comparison.The 4 speeds really dont seem to have much of a probem with the standard power of these but once you start modifying to higher power levels you will need an upgrade otherwise it will go for sure.
Peccavi Member 29 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: NT - The Alice Posted 12/01/08 09:59 AM Posted 12/01/08 09:59 AM (edited) Take another for a test drive just as a comparison.The 4 speeds really dont seem to have much of a probem with the standard power of these but once you start modifying to higher power levels you will need an upgrade otherwise it will go for sure.Thankyou Is hard as there isnt much to choose from as I live in a small town, I did how ever take out a 06 sv6, which has nothing on the xr6t. I more than likly wounldnt be modding it for a while and also have red around the place that the auto is ment to be alot smoother than the manuals, but there isnt any manuals here for me to test. And it probly depends on the driving style of the driver, lol.Thankyou,Tim. Edited 12/01/08 10:01 AM by Peccavi
coupeboy351 Member 55 Member For: 19y 1m 7d Posted 13/01/08 01:34 AM Posted 13/01/08 01:34 AM the 5 speed manual is not strong enough for the huge torque that the xr6t puts out and many have bought them and regretted it.I have a 04 auto xr6t and the 4 speed is fine, the 6 speed is stronger but the 4 speed will be fine and handle mods up to around 250rwkw's without problems but if you chase big power then it's wise to do the box up to cope.most of the stockies have about 200 rwkw's except for the freak motors. you will love driving your new xr6t im sure as much as I do. enjoy
Peccavi Member 29 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: NT - The Alice Posted 13/01/08 07:44 AM Posted 13/01/08 07:44 AM the 5 speed manual is not strong enough for the huge torque that the xr6t puts out and many have bought them and regretted it.I have a 04 auto xr6t and the 4 speed is fine, the 6 speed is stronger but the 4 speed will be fine and handle mods up to around 250rwkw's without problems but if you chase big power then it's wise to do the box up to cope.most of the stockies have about 200 rwkw's except for the freak motors. you will love driving your new xr6t im sure as much as I do. enjoyThanx, good to know. The stock power is 'big' enuff for me for the time being, as my last car was a pulsar that my mum just bought from me, lol. so I think I will take it slow in the xr6t for a bit. And I think judging by what I have red and been told about them I will be very happy with it. As long as I can get it insured for a reasonable dolar .. lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now