Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 05/07/03 01:16 AM Posted 05/07/03 01:16 AM Well done Barra.An AUll is a hell of a car to be doing you L's in, l have fond and not so fond memories of my 1981 Datsun Stanza. Did l hear the word rust; huh whats that, a blown head gasket....what a peice of crap.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/03 03:37 AM Posted 05/07/03 03:37 AM good on you mate, is the AU a manual?
Guest Stephen (Fords Forever) Guests Posted 05/07/03 04:45 AM Posted 05/07/03 04:45 AM I WAS GOING FOR MINE TODAY. :D BUT IN VIC THEY CLOSED ON SAT. I WAS PISSED OFF NOT ABLE TO GO FOR MY TEST. IM NOW WAITING TILL MONDAY TO DO THE TEST AND GET MY L'S. I WANTED TO TAKE MY DAD'S EL FOR A SPIN. :nugget: :nugget:
BarraGT Legacy Donating Member 359 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 05/07/03 12:55 PM Author Posted 05/07/03 12:55 PM good on you mate, is the AU a manual? Nah, it's actually an auto. I am just starting off in this and then I will move onto a manual (will have to find one, first ). Yeah, I may be driving to the Wakefield Park cruise if all goes well!
Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Posted 05/07/03 02:09 PM Posted 05/07/03 02:09 PM Thanks BLKXRT! I will!I'm so phsyched about being able to drive! LOL! Now all I need is the XR6T! Hate to rain on the parade, but the last thing you need to drive after just passing your 'L's is an XR6T. Enjoy the car you have and, when you get the experience (and we're not talking 6 months here) you may want to try something different. 240kW is way too much for anyone with under at least 3 or 4 years on the road and definitely off their 'P'sWell done anyway.
BarraGT Legacy Donating Member 359 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 05/07/03 02:42 PM Author Posted 05/07/03 02:42 PM Yeah, I know, I was just joking around. I don't happen to have enough money for an XR6T.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/03 05:08 PM Posted 05/07/03 05:08 PM good on you mate, is the AU a manual?Nah, it's actually an auto. I am just starting off in this and then I will move onto a manual (will have to find one, first ). Yeah, I may be driving to the Wakefield Park cruise if all goes well! perfect, you'll get your P's no worries
BarraGT Legacy Donating Member 359 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 06/07/03 03:29 AM Author Posted 06/07/03 03:29 AM Yeah, I hope so!
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/03 08:53 AM Posted 06/07/03 08:53 AM Hate to rain on the parade, but the last thing you need to drive after just passing your 'L's is an XR6T. Enjoy the car you have and, when you get the experience (and we're not talking 6 months here) you may want to try something different. 240kW is way too much for anyone with under at least 3 or 4 years on the road and definitely off their 'P'sWell done anyway. He's already living the good life...I started out in a 1.4L 4 Cylinder Ford Cortina...Actually that's the car I lost my P's in.. Be careful BarraGT, 4 Litres of pure punch :D
Guest stang_67 Guests Posted 06/07/03 10:24 AM Posted 06/07/03 10:24 AM Congrats Barra! I hope your having fun in your AUII classic, what a pleasure driving car! It just gets me cut when people get the P's and stuff cause im only 14! Today my dad told me to take the Datsun 180B turbo for a spin since its been in the garage for weeks, fearing the battery might die. Man was I having fun! Sure its a rust bucket, but it feels as good as my dads old Charger and HQ monaro! If you find your AU scratched, ive been there!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now