Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Falcon Fantastic Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

All the best Barra!

Nothing better than to start your driving life off in a Ford :D

Seeing your a Ford Fan I'm sure you will be an excellent driver :idunno:

  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted
im only 14! Today my dad told me to take the Datsun 180B turbo for a spin since its been in the garage for weeks, fearing the battery might die. Man was I having fun!

That would be on your family's private road yes :idunno:

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 25d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

Mate do yourself a favour, save some money and go and do a defensive driving course. It will be the best money you ever spent and you will then see how badly everyone drives on the road.

It might even save your life one day!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra, ACT
Posted
Mate do yourself a favour, save some money and go and do a defensive driving course. It will be the best money you ever spent and you will then see how badly everyone drives on the road.

It might even save your life one day!

Funny you should say that, my Granddad is going to be paying for one of those because he said the exact same thing that you did "It might save your life one day!" :)

Guest Lowndes Crazy
  • Guests
Posted

Well done Barra, now I need to get my butt in to gear and do Road Ready!

Note to self: Dont walk on footpaths, that's where Barra will be driving... Just joking mate :lol: :thumbsup:

Guest Isher
  • Guests
Posted
He's already living the good life...

I started out in a 1.4L 4 Cylinder Ford Cortina...

Actually that's the car I lost my P's in.. Be careful BarraGT, 4 Litres of pure punch :D

Try a 1978 Toyota Corolla 1.3lt 3spd Auto for size.

I drove that ba$%@rd for near on 5 years. :blink:

Any time you got over 80km/hr the road noise was so loud you couldn't hold a conversation in the car. When the road got wet it would under-stear like hell as the skinny little tyers strugled to maintain grip.

Still, it was cheap to run, mechanically sound and never let me down.

It used to really annoy me when I would park the car at the Uni car park next to $30-$80+ BMW's, Merc's etc with P plates. I mean these guys didn't even have a job yet but they alreay had a dream car? Where do you go from there?

Isher

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Very similar mate. I share your love :D

Mine had 2 green doors on the drivers side, a yellow column in the middle cause of an accident that cause us to weld in a replacment from another cordy, red bog all over the sides..Top speed of 140 where I blew my 2nd engine. Same with you on the road noise.

Going out to the city, I know what you mean about all the BMW's and Mercs with P plates...

Makes you wonder just how rich some people are and where we belong in the world...

It was still my favourite car to date, had the most amount of fun :)

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

Well done on the "L's" !

My first car to drive around was a renult 12 ($200) so the AU's a good start!

Going to take a defensive driving course myself soon, did an ambulance

course and had a great time!

Guest Stephen (Fords Forever)
  • Guests
Posted

BarraGT

Good on ya mate, Can u tell us what score did you get? I KNOW HOW U Feel, Cant wait to hit the road.

The test when I went today was easy and I got 91%

SAFE DRIVING :blink:

------------------------------------------------------------------

IM A FORD PETROLHEAD AND PROUD OF IT!!!

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Heh Heh...My L's car was a 400HP 351 XC GS but now I drive an XF :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...