sly_ba Member 12 Member For: 19y 1m Posted 03/01/08 11:07 AM Author Posted 03/01/08 11:07 AM I got mine for $2250 delivered and should be able to get that price again - let me know and I'll make a call. You'll also need top and bottom gasket kits. I think from memory they're about $800 for both. Then there's labour to rebuild which should be around $1200. Definitely do valve springs and possibly billet oil pump gears which will allow you to make power a little higher in the rev range because you can raise the rev limit a tad in the edit.Thanks for the kind offer mate. I am waiting for a couple of things to fall into place before I start the engine build but I will shoot you a PM when I am good and ready.Cheers
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/01/08 04:52 AM Posted 04/01/08 04:52 AM OK, just to confirm this for everyone, I have got a quote for the F6 short motor, I can get them for $2310 through our parts dept, if a dealer is charging you $3500, he's ripping you off!The $2310 price is trade price, if you have any enquiries, just PM me
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/01/08 05:21 AM Posted 04/01/08 05:21 AM But not for two weeks right? Just before you get inundated whilst overseas.Scotty
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/01/08 05:27 AM Posted 04/01/08 05:27 AM Good on ya scotty, always lookin after me!Yeah, I will be in Japan for two weeks as of monday, so if you get in before that, I can organise the guys to get one, but other wise, I'm back after the 22nd
sly_ba Member 12 Member For: 19y 1m Posted 06/01/08 06:03 AM Author Posted 06/01/08 06:03 AM Cool, thanks for all of the responses guys. Much appriciated.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 06/01/08 08:05 AM Posted 06/01/08 08:05 AM dont use forged internals, just the same rods and better pistons it will be cheeper still.I think that is the wrong way round, its rods before pistons. Wasn't there a problem with the early ba blocks too?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now