invisable Member 14 Member For: 19y 1m 1d Posted 11/12/07 12:32 AM Posted 11/12/07 12:32 AM hey guys,I have a problem, when I use my air-con water starts leaking from under the dash on the passenger side, it takes upto 30 mins to start but, also after using the aircon for a while when turning a corner you can hear water moving in the dashany ideas?thanks guys
exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 11/12/07 01:13 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:13 AM Its an easy fix but you will need some special tools:A long weightA tin of compressionTwo skyhooksSome rainbow coloured paintA set of metric adjustable spannersA left handed screwdriverand a tin of scotch mist
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 11/12/07 01:20 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:20 AM (edited) Your A/C core has a leak. If your car is out of warranty, I cry for you. Mine happened when the car was 2 years old. Whole dash out job. And the smell of coolant lasted for about 6 months too. It's a vile smell too. Edited 11/12/07 01:23 AM by ENVY-T
invisable Member 14 Member For: 19y 1m 1d Posted 11/12/07 01:25 AM Author Posted 11/12/07 01:25 AM Its an easy fix but you will need some special tools:A long weightA tin of compressionTwo skyhooksSome rainbow coloured paintA set of metric adjustable spannersA left handed screwdriverand a tin of scotch mist so if I can find all of these tools that don't exist I should be able to fix it?is there any way of fixing it without these items?
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 11/12/07 01:29 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:29 AM so if I can find all of these tools that don't exist I should be able to fix it?is there any way of fixing it without these items?Your A/C core has a leak. If your car is out of warranty, I cry for you. Mine happened when the car was 2 years old. Whole dash out job. And the smell of coolant lasted for about 6 months too. It's a vile smell too.
exarsixturbo Dr. Speed Member 784 Member For: 19y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: The land of Politicians, Public Servants, Porno & Pyrotechnics Posted 11/12/07 01:30 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:30 AM You can fix anything with the right tools... But if you can't find these ones, I would go with Envy's idea. Same thing happened to my old car!
F6BF Member 438 Member For: 20y 9m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/07 01:39 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:39 AM I would check the drain hose, make sure that its not blockedU can get to it from under the car, located around the transmission tunnellHTH
invisable Member 14 Member For: 19y 1m 1d Posted 11/12/07 01:47 AM Author Posted 11/12/07 01:47 AM thanks guys for the help, I did see your post envy but after I replyed to the 2nd post,thanks again
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Posted 11/12/07 01:51 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:51 AM feel the water, if its warm, then suspect the heater core, if its cold most likely just the condensation from the a/c system-& the drain off tube might be blocked. it is supposed to gather water like that & drain it out under the car
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/07 01:52 AM Posted 11/12/07 01:52 AM People are too quick to be negative in diagnosing problems.If the water is fresh, with no coolant, then the problem is the drain host.As F6BF mentioned it is a little hose at the side of the transmission tunnel. It sometimes gets blocked or melted.If the water smeels like coolant, the it is a major job.If the car is under warranty, make it Ford's problem
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now