Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 21/09/10 09:23 AM Posted 21/09/10 09:23 AM decided not to sell my car haha ordered a v3kit and actuator and see if I can make 340-350ish kw
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 22/09/10 09:12 AM Posted 22/09/10 09:12 AM Dont hold back man wind the boost right up dont let fear hold you back lol
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 22/09/10 11:39 AM Posted 22/09/10 11:39 AM Rednuts your a god!!!! Bonjaz..... As my old man and rednuts have said, Don't let fear stop ya!!!I finally got my spare exhaust housing, 14psi actuator, and bigger flapper valve... I'll be porting the f*ck out of it this week, and next few weeks/months should see up is a set of valve springs and a surge tank then a tune from dave!.God it seems like its taking an eternity getting from 360 to 400+... Damn it!!! 400+ will be on a race fuel cocktail, but shouls be great for dyno comps.TOX16 goes in next week to the panel beaters, some ass wipe ran up the ass of her months ago and it's taken this long to get it fixed.
rednuts81 Get on the end of it..... Member 578 Member For: 20y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 22/09/10 07:28 PM Posted 22/09/10 07:28 PM LOL....Bonjaz let mattyb be your guide. Oh and just remember Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 23/09/10 07:06 AM Posted 23/09/10 07:06 AM yea...I dont really wanna have to transplant a fg motor into my bf haha, 350 without bent rods would be nice and red do you still have ya stock ute bottom end I may need it some day haha
Anchor Member 270 Member For: 16y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 06/10/10 04:03 AM Posted 06/10/10 04:03 AM You may find it a bit harder to do so with this new parts bulletin I'm reading. As far as I can make out, you need to supply a VIN, vehicle SIDO (ford id number), a detailed description about why the parts are needed and have the parts manager and dealer principle sign an order form for FPV parts. So you'll still be able to get xr6t bottom ends, just not F6. Bout time I think...
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 06/10/10 08:11 AM Posted 06/10/10 08:11 AM The story I used was as follows.Rang a wreckers, got a Vin of a Wrecked FG F6, also got the year, colour, and tranny...Went to ford, with above details, and proceeded to tell them I bought the above mentioned wreck and was building it as a track car, possibly a drag car in the future. Told them that the motor was NOT in the vehicle when I bought it, and a LOT of parts were sold from when it was at the wreckers. They were none the wiser. It's a lot of f*cking around, but it gets you an FG F6 Shorty, for less than most Rebuild kits are.
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 06/10/10 08:12 AM Posted 06/10/10 08:12 AM On that, I need the hoses so I can connect the oil cooler up, that comes from factory. Anyone know if anyone does these, or do I need to buy factory?
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 06/10/10 12:33 PM Posted 06/10/10 12:33 PM wow I am impressed matty well done with the bottom end haha
Anchor Member 270 Member For: 16y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 14/10/10 03:36 AM Posted 14/10/10 03:36 AM I'll be at the dyno comp at gladstone dyno tune on sunday if anyone wants to say hi. Check out the mighty side pipe in action haha.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now