hackisack Member 33 Member For: 19y 2m 15d Posted 31/10/07 02:43 AM Posted 31/10/07 02:43 AM I'm picking my xr6 turbo up on the weekend and had a racv inspection done and they said the cruise control didn't work.The previous owner said it never had cruise control but it has the switches.is cruise control a factory item or an accesory?
chipa_12 Member 182 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Location: Canberra Posted 31/10/07 02:47 AM Posted 31/10/07 02:47 AM Why would it have the switches there and not have cruise control??I think someone is pulling your leg...
mickbundy Member 243 Member For: 22y 3m 18d Location: W.A Posted 31/10/07 02:47 AM Posted 31/10/07 02:47 AM In the XR it was standard as far as I know
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/10/07 02:49 AM Posted 31/10/07 02:49 AM Standard fitment on the xr's.They are obviously spinning sh!t
hackisack Member 33 Member For: 19y 2m 15d Posted 31/10/07 03:25 AM Author Posted 31/10/07 03:25 AM yeah no worries fellas. I'll check it out when I get it.Cheers
chipa_12 Member 182 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Location: Canberra Posted 31/10/07 03:34 AM Posted 31/10/07 03:34 AM I had an issue where my brake lights would stay on sometimes. Then my cruise control wouldnt work. But after tapping the brake pedal a couple of times the lights would switch off and the cruise control would work again. Eventually I got it fixed it was a faulty switch or something. Just something to check for if you find the cruise control is not working.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 31/10/07 03:35 AM Posted 31/10/07 03:35 AM Check the basics, fuses? brake light switch? brake light globes working? does it have LED tailights by anychance?
hackisack Member 33 Member For: 19y 2m 15d Posted 31/10/07 03:55 AM Author Posted 31/10/07 03:55 AM not sure if its got LED's its an 05 BA. I'll get it looked at when I get it home. does anyone have any issues with fittin a carbra to there car? I have bought one for mine mainly for the drive home.
snowchaser Member 3 Member For: 19y 2m 21d Posted 13/11/07 10:43 AM Posted 13/11/07 10:43 AM Check the basics, fuses? brake light switch? brake light globes working? does it have LED tailights by anychance?Thanks, you guys rock, I thought I was up for big $$ at Ford... but turns out was just a brake light out!Now... WHY would that stop cruise from working? or is that just some weird Ford thing...
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/11/07 10:49 AM Posted 13/11/07 10:49 AM The CC works off voltage drop when brakes are applied.If you replace the brakelights with LEDs the CC and Traction control will cease to work.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now