rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 16/10/07 08:24 AM Posted 16/10/07 08:24 AM Today when I wving my was driving back from Sydney my car started to make a weird whooshing sound from the passengers side of the engine. When I got home I checked to see if all the hose clamps were tight under and all appeared well there. The only other thing that I can possibly think that it can be is maybe the inlet manifold gasket. I checked all the hex bolts on the top half but haven't actually checked the ones to the block.Has anybody got any ideas what else it could possibly be, I'm starting to get frustrated.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 16/10/07 08:46 AM Posted 16/10/07 08:46 AM Your passenger window is ever so slightly down??!!!
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 16/10/07 08:52 AM Author Posted 16/10/07 08:52 AM Your passenger window is ever so slightly down??!!!I wish it was that simple. Don't really feel up to pulling the manifold off
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 16/10/07 08:54 AM Posted 16/10/07 08:54 AM BOV? BOV LEAK.
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 16/10/07 11:24 AM Author Posted 16/10/07 11:24 AM BOV? BOV LEAK.Mite take the BOV out and see how that goes. Thanks for the idea
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 16/10/07 11:31 AM Posted 16/10/07 11:31 AM Mite take the BOV out and see how that goes. Thanks for the ideaHow did you go????
bk284 Member 101 Member For: 19y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Illawarra Posted 16/10/07 11:03 PM Posted 16/10/07 11:03 PM I reckon BOV leak as well, Im no expert but that's what I think.
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 17/10/07 06:07 AM Author Posted 17/10/07 06:07 AM Well I took the BOV completely off and that didnt make any difference. The noise still makes a flutter sound when getting off the throttle and its a whooshing/boost leaking sound still. I tightened the inlet manifold bolts but again same noise. This is starting to get really frustrating. Think it's time to pay someone to fix it
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 17/10/07 06:11 AM Posted 17/10/07 06:11 AM (edited) Check the rubber joiner that links the throttle body to the cross over piping, It might have a split in it ! It wont be very visable by just looking at it, so you might have to twist and/or bend it to actually see the crack, It's quite a common problem. Good luck with it thou.Pete Edited 17/10/07 06:14 AM by stealthxr
rhys86 Legacy Donating Member 443 Member For: 19y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 17/10/07 09:19 AM Author Posted 17/10/07 09:19 AM Checked but no luck AGAIN!!Thanx for the help anyway
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now