XR6PSI Member 80 Member For: 23y 4m 15d Posted 21/06/03 02:44 AM Posted 21/06/03 02:44 AM Also by the way I bought a sheet of this stuff its like a stick on bonnet / headlight protector and cut out pieces for the fog light lense. doesn't effect the light and u can't really see it on but should stop it happening again.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 21/06/03 03:51 AM Posted 21/06/03 03:51 AM A friend of mine broke one of the fog lights and it was replaced under warranty at the recommendation of the dealer, they didn't even see it was broken. Ford says these lights are surposed to be able to withstand stones hitting them and because it didn't it was considered faulty and replaced. So even though you can get the hella replacement reasonably cheap why pay for it at all let ford pick up the bill.
XRSEX EVO 9 SUPPORTER Member 556 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE! Posted 21/06/03 06:17 AM Posted 21/06/03 06:17 AM Well this is what it looks like. Sorry about the quality, taken by torchlight.Cracked foglightOurs are cracked in the same spot!I wonder if it is a factory fault etc.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 23/06/03 09:51 AM Posted 23/06/03 09:51 AM Just had a look at my fog lights...The passenger side light appears to be upside-down! The 'Hella' symbol on the lens is upsidedown, as is the internal reflector.I guess mine were installed incorrectly. Will check with the dealer when next I'm getting a service.
Guest Mac_Dude Guests Posted 23/06/03 10:40 AM Posted 23/06/03 10:40 AM Just had a look at my fog lights...The passenger side light appears to be upside-down! The 'Hella' symbol on the lens is upsidedown, as is the internal reflector.I guess mine were installed incorrectly. Will check with the dealer when next I'm getting a service. No that's the way it's supposed to be...That way one is the right way up if you roll it.
Guest 56Mainline Guests Posted 30/06/03 07:57 AM Posted 30/06/03 07:57 AM Oh dear....passenger-side foggy fell victim to a stone (I think) on the way home this arvo. Completely shattered (both me and the light!).Will now look at replacing the unit with a pencil beam driving light. I will install a relay for each 'fog light' so that they now will only come on when both the dash switch is on AND high beam is selected.I'm doing this because I'll find more use for spread beam/pencil beam combination driving lights than I do for foggies.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 01/07/03 01:50 AM Posted 01/07/03 01:50 AM 56Mainline,I think you have an excellent Idea, I don't see much fog here and would rather an extra pair of lights, not that the normal lights are that bad mind....
XRTank Legacy Donating Member 105 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Location: Sydney Posted 01/07/03 02:17 AM Posted 01/07/03 02:17 AM Add another to the "cracked fog light" hit list. Mine cracked a few months ago and interestingly was on the same stretch of road as originally mentioned on this post.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 08/07/03 06:30 AM Posted 08/07/03 06:30 AM OK put me in the cracked foglight club! :( Passenger side also, no sign of a stone chip.Got it on Sunday.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: North Brisbane Posted 08/07/03 07:34 AM Posted 08/07/03 07:34 AM Count me in as well.I washed my ute yesterday and lo and behold, passenger side foglight cracked badly. It is a little weird because that passenger side light never sat right from the day I picked the car up........
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now