Herbie XR6 Turbo Member 43 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: CERBERUS Posted 24/09/07 06:57 AM Posted 24/09/07 06:57 AM Hey I brought 3 gauges oil temp, oil pressure and boost for my xr6t and planning to install them this weekend with help from my cousin who is a auto electrician apprentice and wonder what attachments u recommend me buying to make it easy to connect the gauges are OZegauge.Also would some1 be able to give me links to walkthru's for installing them and also how to remove the ICC to be able to install the gaugesAlso I heard from my cousin that if the ICC gets disconected u have to get it reprogramed by ford at a high priceHope u guys can helpThanx
PepeLePew Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged Member 208 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gawler Posted 24/09/07 09:21 AM Posted 24/09/07 09:21 AM A good coathanger = no ICC removal. Worked a treat. Other than that the Ozegauge site has good walkthrus..
Herbie XR6 Turbo Member 43 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: CERBERUS Posted 24/09/07 10:00 AM Author Posted 24/09/07 10:00 AM The main thing I want to no is do I need to buy any other attachments
Herbie XR6 Turbo Member 43 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: CERBERUS Posted 26/09/07 04:28 AM Author Posted 26/09/07 04:28 AM So I take it that's there is no attachments u need to buy
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 26/09/07 05:33 AM Posted 26/09/07 05:33 AM Ive got no idea, but I'm waiting for a response too as I'll be going down this path too one day.
howitzer85 Member 241 Member For: 19y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: The marsh... Posted 26/09/07 06:33 AM Posted 26/09/07 06:33 AM Also I heard from my cousin that if the ICC gets disconected u have to get it reprogramed by ford at a high priceNot true.I've had my ICC out twice now and it didn't need programming...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/07 06:57 AM Posted 26/09/07 06:57 AM Also I heard from my cousin that if the ICC gets disconected u have to get it reprogramed by ford at a high priceMan, Your cousins a bum. I can't see you having to reprogram it at all, is he gettin kick backs from ford?
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 26/09/07 07:51 AM Posted 26/09/07 07:51 AM You will need to get your oil readings from somewhere.
Herbie XR6 Turbo Member 43 Member For: 19y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: CERBERUS Posted 26/09/07 10:21 AM Author Posted 26/09/07 10:21 AM You will need to get your oil readings from somewhere.Is there a easy attachment that can get the oil readings cause I heard somewhere that I need something
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 26/09/07 10:32 AM Posted 26/09/07 10:32 AM Call Craig at Aussie Car Enhancements and order a sandwich plate, which fits in between the block and the oil filter. The plate will house the senders for the oil pressure and temp in an ideal location as it puts the senders in the main oil flow for accurate readings.As for the other bits you might need...Electrical tape, wire crimps, zip ties, odds and ends basically.I took the ICC out to fit my 3 Ozegauges. Yes, you can do it without removing the ICC but if you know what you are doing then you can have the ICC out in 5 minutes.Check that the supplied T piece for the boost gauge isn't blocked. Mine was filled with plastic from the moulding process. It could be easily drilled out but I replaced it because I have T pieces at work, so I just grabbed one of those.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now