Hid Lights

DAN682

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 14d

They are better, but my statement was based on the highbeam spots pointing down a fair bit. The HID high beams are excellent as are the normal beams, but I think driving with highbeams on for a long time would be distracting due to the very noticable hotspots on the road from the highbeams.

I cannot say I use the highbeams as the HID's do a great job, but I have not driven on country roads with them only city.

You could go the whole way and put HID highbeams in as well.

• Member For: 19y 8m 9d

I've got 6000k H4 hi/lo bulbs and 10,000k fog light lol ssshhhhh don't tell anyone, they are a blue color really cool I don't have them on that much as I know they give off a lot of light and are really bright. But when yours driving with them on its way better than the old school yellow lights. I get people always coming up to me asking where I got them and what are they.

• Member For: 16y 9m 8d
I've got 6000k H4 hi/lo bulbs and 10,000k fog light lol ssshhhhh don't tell anyone, they are a blue color really cool I don't have them on that much as I know they give off a lot of light and are really bright. But when yours driving with them on its way better than the old school yellow lights. I get people always coming up to me asking where I got them and what are they.

Hi,

I agree, I have GEXenon 6000k hi/lo in my XR8 and would never go back to halogen. I left the stock alignment and have had no issues with flashing or glare over the last year. A great enhancement IMHO.

Cheers

Tom

• Member For: 17y 10d
Hi,

I agree, I have GEXenon 6000k hi/lo in my XR8 and would never go back to halogen. I left the stock alignment and have had no issues with flashing or glare over the last year. A great enhancement IMHO.

Cheers

Tom

Yes, Yes, at last someone has verified what I have been saying in a number of threads for a long time.

The GEXenon's 6000K HID are great in a BA XR. I have H4 Hi/ Lo and H7s for the high beam. Aligned the headlights according to the workshop manual, no flashing from oncoming cars, country driving is magic with all four HIDs booming out the light.

You can throw all the halogen globes, Philips Crystal white globes and all in the bin.

I rest my case......

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 12d

Can you please post a photo or two of the GEXenon's 6000K beam. Maybe parked towards a shed or a wall. I really want these but don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

• Member For: 17y 10d
Can you please post a photo or two of the GEXenon's 6000K beam. Maybe parked towards a shed or a wall. I really want these but don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

Have a look at WASXAMAN's photos of low and high beam in the thread below.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.ph...5573&page=1

It is a very good result.