F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 07/09/07 11:46 PM Posted 07/09/07 11:46 PM Hey guys, im over in America at the moment and im lookin at buying a mp3 player before I come back next week. I was just wondering are ipod's really the best or are there better ones out there???The mp3 player will be hooked up to my car when I get back and used as my main source of music, so it will need to be atleast 30gig.Thoughts please guys?Cheers Charlie
Sly_Bastard Member 72 Member For: 19y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 08/09/07 12:11 AM Posted 08/09/07 12:11 AM Ipod are not the best, they are the most popular.If you want the best you would need to look at something like an Iriver.
BF_Turbo Member 236 Member For: 19y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: Central QLD Posted 08/09/07 12:13 AM Posted 08/09/07 12:13 AM I was in this situation. Fact is there are hundreds of mp3 players about now.What I found was that even though I was anti Ipod I got one as its just ease of use and connectivity to most things, and the amount of accessories was far greater then any other.
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/07 12:17 AM Author Posted 08/09/07 12:17 AM (edited) This is my main reason for looking at the ipods, cos they can be used with anything and cos of the amount of accessories, plus they are pretty damn cheap over hear also, the new 80gig ipod is $250 seems like a good price to me, but still unsure Edited 08/09/07 12:42 AM by Dagabond
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 08/09/07 12:37 AM Posted 08/09/07 12:37 AM Have you checked the Zune out? Its got a great screen.
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/07 01:51 AM Author Posted 08/09/07 01:51 AM Have you checked the Zune out? Its got a great screen.Yes I checked it out its a pretty cool lillte unit.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/07 01:55 AM Posted 08/09/07 01:55 AM The only deterrent for me was the conversion of everything to itunes from media player. Ended up getting a sandisk or something; only holds 8gb but it's a simple matter of syncing playlists and pressing play....wasn't after anything too fancy.
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/07 02:00 AM Author Posted 08/09/07 02:00 AM The only deterrent for me was the conversion of everything to itunes from media player. Ended up getting a sandisk or something; only holds 8gb but it's a simple matter of syncing playlists and pressing play....wasn't after anything too fancy.So useing itunes its pretty simply then?Do you use your ipod for your main source of music in your car? Wat do I need to hook the ipod up to my car?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/07 02:05 AM Posted 08/09/07 02:05 AM No buddy - I didn't get an ipod to avoid using itunes. I've never used itunes much but couldn't be bothered with converting all my existing music over.Got the aux booster kit in the car. Only really use it on long trips, too much friggin around to and from work. 6 cd's always gives plenty of music and more inportantly for a lasy bastard such as myself; steering wheel controls!
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 28d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/07 02:10 AM Author Posted 08/09/07 02:10 AM Hmmm, well now I gotta really think as im very much like yourself Tab a lazy bastardmain reason I brought an auto
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now