Guest 240zman Guests Posted 13/11/03 02:40 AM Posted 13/11/03 02:40 AM great info guys currently deciding b/w SS Ute, Maloo Ute or XR6T / XR8 ute... Just have to get it through my employer and Custom Fleet which is proving to be fun..
qwerty Inactive Members 1 Member For: 22y 9m 1d Posted 27/12/03 02:16 AM Posted 27/12/03 02:16 AM I didnt think fbt was payable on utes
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 16/01/06 03:11 PM Posted 16/01/06 03:11 PM Dug from the grave. I was looking to confirm Taxation ruling MT2024 on the utes so I could pass on the information to work but it seem's that it's been removed from the ATO site. Does anyone know if this ruling is still in place or has been altered in anyway?
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 22/01/06 01:23 PM Posted 22/01/06 01:23 PM Taxation ruling list current as at 1 June 2005:http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?loci...A2/NAT/ATO'
Mick Molloy Member 85 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 24/01/06 12:19 AM Posted 24/01/06 12:19 AM I today received a written response from the ATO on this FBT exemption thing. I asked them to confirm that a regular office worker in the finance industry can claim the FBT exemption for these cars (under the private use conditions of course) under a novated lease arrangement.Guess what?... it was a bit fat..YES!In writing, signed by the deputy commissioner of taxation.I have since told the salary packaging people, who previously told me I would have to be a 'tradesman' carrying around a bunch of tools in the tray in order to claim the exemption.They were wrong. If I took their advice I would be out of pocket $18k over lease term. And they are supposed to be the experts..... So Joe Programmer working anywhere can take out a novated lease on certain "commercial" cars and effective pay hald the monthly lease payment.......<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can we get a copy of this letter post to this thread please!!!!? Fleet Australia
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 24/01/06 12:25 AM Posted 24/01/06 12:25 AM Read the next post from forrestd he still has it hosted on his server.......
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/01/06 01:18 AM Posted 24/01/06 01:18 AM can someone confirm this is all legit still?just had a qoute done on a ute and it had FBT?????Chooka
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/01/06 01:33 AM Posted 24/01/06 01:33 AM I have been told it's not FBT free on a novated lease?Chooka
Mick Molloy Member 85 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 24/01/06 03:25 AM Posted 24/01/06 03:25 AM (edited) Mick = Edited 24/01/06 03:29 AM by Mick Molloy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now