FORDXR Member 80 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Posted 07/09/07 01:38 AM Posted 07/09/07 01:38 AM Hi Everyone.Well I no longer have my 5 Speed BA XR6T, Its gone. :(But good news is I'm currently looking for a new BF XR6T Ute, the hardest part is deciding to get a 6speed auto or the 6speed manual.My heart tells me manual in 13 years driving I have never owned an auto car but I read good things about the ZF box, I have driven a Typhoon with the 6 speed auto and enjoyed it. Although I won’t miss the T5 2-3 gear change I worry I will miss the clutch on a sunny Sunday drive. Anyway here are some pics of my old Ute and hopefully I can post some new photos soon.
mickbundy Member 243 Member For: 22y 3m 7d Location: W.A Posted 07/09/07 01:46 AM Posted 07/09/07 01:46 AM Don't think you will be too disappointed with a auto they are pretty well sorted good luck which ever way you go
envyxr6t Member 35 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/09/07 06:38 AM Posted 07/09/07 06:38 AM Go the MANUAL you will miss not having one
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/09/07 06:49 AM Posted 07/09/07 06:49 AM Go the MANUAL you will miss not having one I have to agree... I went through the same decison recently when buying my ute... I chose the auto... every time I hop into the sedan that we have (manual) I do kinda kick myself for going the auto on the ute.dont get me wrong, the auto is great!! but it really does not give you that driving pleasure the manual does. In peak hour the auto gives you more comfort.. but overall I still rate the manual more of a drivers car. my 2 cents!!
LTS60 They see me rolllin n hatin... Member 427 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/09/07 08:48 AM Posted 07/09/07 08:48 AM Go the manual I say!
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/09/07 09:31 AM Posted 07/09/07 09:31 AM I think you will be happy either way. Good luck on the purchase
jason_85 Member 30 Member For: 19y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 07/09/07 10:20 AM Posted 07/09/07 10:20 AM another vote for manual!
FORDXR Member 80 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Posted 07/09/07 10:44 AM Author Posted 07/09/07 10:44 AM Thanks for all the feedback. It is strange because 90% of people I have asked have told me to get the manual but what I find strange is 80% XR6T's I see for sale are auto but everyone tells me they would buy a manual but in reality most people must buy XR's in auto. Not that it is a bad thing, just makes it hard to find a manual that's not red....arrr. I have had a red XR6 never again, looks great for the first few years then it fades. :(Will go ute shopping this weekend, hope to be back in one soon.
envyxr6t Member 35 Member For: 19y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/09/07 11:08 AM Posted 07/09/07 11:08 AM yeah, it took me a while to find mine but it was worth the wait. I like the driving experience you get with the manual.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 07/09/07 11:46 AM Posted 07/09/07 11:46 AM Rumour has it that the ZF won't be in the Orion.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now