Jump to content

G'day All


Recommended Posts

Guest 4BOSS
  • Guests
Posted

:D Have just registered,hope this site goes well and look forward to hearing about xr6t and any mods,I'm sure 240kw is just a starting point.

  • some guy...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
Posted

hey hey!

in regards to 240kw and XR6Ts, Ford have gotten 270kw from the engine reliably simply by fiddling with it, without changing any of the hardware!

eventually, I don't think 300kw will be a problem.

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

ooooh I need to find that out !!! :o

Where did you get that info from?

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted

It was in the last issue of Wheels - when they were doing the article about the 240T engine development.

  • some guy...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
Posted

well, Ford... but Wheels published it as well, making my info a bit redundant.

according to the same source, Ford pushed the 4L turbo till the engine packed it. they were getting around 400kw when it did!!!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted

And that's using the standard Barra 182 internals for the most part. Makes you wonder what the potential would be if they strengthened up some of the internals!

  • some guy...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
Posted

I have finaly been proven right!

a while back I claimed that the ford 6 has SO MUCH potential! needless to say, some of the V8 fraternity was gravely offended and insulted. don't get me wrong - I love my V8s, but pay respect where respect is due!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted

I was in a debate for a day or two over at Ford Forums over the entire Turbo 6 vs V8 thing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but there are a few people out there who are a bit tunnel visioned. :o

  • some guy...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
Posted
I was in a debate for a day or two over at Ford Forums over the entire Turbo 6 vs V8 thing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but there are a few people out there who are a bit tunnel visioned. :ph34r:

ff.com? haha

what was your name there?

sometimes, it's best if you let things slide over there. it's just not worth arguing with people there. well, some of them anyway.

what's your name there?

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted

DZ13 - it was in one of the Motor threads - I wasn't trying too hard - as you said, it's not worth arguing with people over there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...