ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 03/09/07 08:08 AM Posted 03/09/07 08:08 AM Just wondering from you ICC experts out there.If I change the ICC to another one. Apparently I need it reprogrammed from Ford.Is that just for the stereo part of the ICC that needs reprogramming?Meaning I'm looking to install a Carputer and remove the LCD screen and the CD player part of the ICC and replace them with a big screen etc.Will the A/C and heater part of the ICC still work?
MrBean Member 400 Member For: 20y 5m 4d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/09/07 11:18 AM Posted 05/09/07 11:18 AM It's an integrated unit. You cannot easily seperate the radio from the Climate Controls.a Lot of reverse engineering would be required.You can, however, move the LCD somewhere else, and extend the wiring, as it is external to the ICC enclosure. Have fun.
bonza Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 20y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 05/09/07 11:52 AM Posted 05/09/07 11:52 AM that project is going to be a nightmare mate
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 05/09/07 12:14 PM Author Posted 05/09/07 12:14 PM I know cool huh...Though I'm cofused as why the air con wouldn't operate on it's own.Is the issue the fact that the main board runs everything.Maybe the best thing is to buy the second ICC and plug and play.2 years of electrics school might come in handy.Will report back what I find.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/09/07 12:23 PM Posted 05/09/07 12:23 PM I think it will all still work. You'll have to plug the BEM in obviously though. The question is how are you going to get the info displayed for the heater functions etc.I'm guessing you have the standard non-color screen currently. I've seen this moved to the tissue box area to accomodate a larger aftermarket screen in the dash.
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 05/09/07 12:30 PM Author Posted 05/09/07 12:30 PM Yer that was my idea for the LCD screen part.Thing is the OEM stereo is pretty crap and quality aint the best output to amps.So if I remove that part. Relocate the LCD to tissue box section down below.The install the biggest touch screen LCD I can.Below where the old stereo part is should be big enough for a 2 din carputer.Then I can install a dvd drive in dash for cd's and dvd's. Rest would be mp3 on pc.Only issue will be the radio. Though I reckon a good radio card for the PC would be good plus as least the front end will have the radio intergrated in it as well.Will be weird to reboot my radio...What ya think of idea.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/09/07 12:34 PM Posted 05/09/07 12:34 PM I think it's possible with a lot of time, effort and money.
ritzy Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Lysterfield, Melbourne Posted 05/09/07 12:40 PM Author Posted 05/09/07 12:40 PM I'll keep ya posted..
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 06/09/07 05:00 AM Posted 06/09/07 05:00 AM ... and a lot of bloody knuckles and headaches... better start cutting
bonza Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 20y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 06/09/07 02:34 PM Posted 06/09/07 02:34 PM Buy one of my systems, it'll do everything you've mentioned and you'll have it installed in an hour. Not five months later down the track...Then again if you like to tinker... go for it!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now