discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 09/04/09 01:07 PM Posted 09/04/09 01:07 PM My first car in 2003 was the old bulletproof '86 XF Falcon (3.3ltr carby model) had done at least over 300,000ks still goes well too.Also had an XF for my first, 87 with the 4.1 carby, odo stopped at about 350,000kms. It was pissing coolant one drive back on the fwy in 30° heat, I tried to make it last but had to pull over. When I switched off, it was so hot it kept turning over...that was a worry. Had to stop and refill water at people's houses every 3 mins. Not fun! Loved the car though Then a smash damaged EAII 3.9MPFI. What an upgrade!!! lol...to thisto this!Hehehe... then last August I scored my 6T
coz Member 50 Member For: 17y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/04/09 07:26 AM Posted 12/04/09 07:26 AM I had an old sh*t box VL commodore, I did it up into an award winning VL turbo... I miss that car!
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 12/04/09 08:38 AM Posted 12/04/09 08:38 AM (edited) first post here. hi guys.first car was a '67 mini deluxe with 33000 original miles. wrote it off 9/9/99next up was a '84 bmw 318i with 245000kms, I put another 120000kms without skipping a beat or breaking down and it saw redline everyday (necessary with the m10 motor) before I sold it.after that I bought a '74 toyota corolla with 72000 original kilometres. I put a 4age turbo motor in it, and it made 130rwkw on 10psi weighing just 850kg. it was a little beast. had our first child and suddenly it didn't seem so sensible to be screaming around in it. sold itdecided our next car will definitely be a BFII xr6t, as a want a car with space for the family with potential for fasts.looked at a couple, but probably buying later in the year when the warranty runs out on our current corolla. only problem I had was the plastic trim seemed a bit cheap and nasty, but I don't really care. Edited 12/04/09 08:47 AM by -Jono-
lorenz Member 24 Member For: 17y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Mosman Park, WA Posted 18/04/09 06:35 AM Posted 18/04/09 06:35 AM XF Falcon wagon. Red. Tried killing it so many times but it refused to die!
ORSM-XT Member 4 Member For: 17y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: In The Cockpit Posted 18/04/09 08:47 AM Posted 18/04/09 08:47 AM This,
rspecf6 Banned 138 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/09 08:49 AM Posted 18/04/09 08:49 AM hey just thought ide start up a new thread, dont no if its been done already sorry if it has, any ways wat was your first car?Expensive Daewoo gemini, flogged it to death
mntxr Member 45 Member For: 17y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 18/04/09 09:31 AM Posted 18/04/09 09:31 AM my first car I drove and owned was a ef 4lt manual and it got trashed every day I drove it
Cozza Member 73 Member For: 18y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Woodford QLD Posted 18/04/09 11:28 AM Posted 18/04/09 11:28 AM 2001 my dad bought me a datsun 200b station wagon, woot woot, rebuilt L20b extra padding in the rear seat it was the bomb, ultimate bogan mobile
sickd Member 128 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Posted 18/04/09 11:32 AM Posted 18/04/09 11:32 AM my first she was a bute 4 speed single rail I6, farmont interior me and the old man painted it thought it was the bee's knee's hahahaha
Maccarossi Member 20 Member For: 17y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Paynesville Posted 18/04/09 01:37 PM Posted 18/04/09 01:37 PM First car was a 1997 VT Calais, still trying to sell it atm actually!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now