Guest Guests Posted 30/08/07 03:57 PM Posted 30/08/07 03:57 PM What sort of plenum & intake is on that ute? The intake looks familiar... APS maybe??? but never seen a plenum like that before.
XR6IXT Legacy Donating Member 662 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 30/08/07 04:05 PM Posted 30/08/07 04:05 PM (edited) I think its aps Edited 30/08/07 04:05 PM by XR6IXT
INFLYT Legacy Donating Member 784 Member For: 20y 3m Gender: Male Location: N.S.W, Sydney Posted 31/08/07 04:52 AM Posted 31/08/07 04:52 AM From what I understand, that ute scored the motor (Long engine/Turbo/APS Plenum) from the Blood Orange CV Performance car after it cracked the 10 second pass.
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/08/07 11:28 AM Posted 31/08/07 11:28 AM I run a rebuilt 4sp and custom stall converter ... Drive it daily, in traffic and highway runs. No problemo !!I would not recommend the conversion to another box unless it was going to be a dedicated drag car.The box is good enough for me.
RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 6m 4d Gender: Male Posted 31/08/07 02:06 PM Posted 31/08/07 02:06 PM guys at the end of the day it all comes down to what u want to do with your car, alot of people want both, (drag race, everyday driving) (and the extras of, going shopping, and taking the kids to footy, and go with the family on a picnic, and caine the f*ck out of it when u get a chance too etc) and everyone wants it reliable, and tough and super dooper with 350+rwkw! in my eyes, I dont think u can have both or any reliably, its either one or the other! one thing with the XRT is alot of people mis judge it to be an old skool xy with a 383 clevland, its not! you have to understand that the way these things produce and deliver power and tourqe at 350+rwkw ul find it hard getting an auto to match super reliably. c9, c10, c6, c4 turbo 400's etc are all rubbish to me unless your gona go dedicated drag car. my opinion, go the wreckers, but two btr 4 speeds, build them tuff, put one aside and swap as u go along, coz it will be a while before any auto will be sorted out down pat for these things, or even any car. u ask anyone with decent power and see how many autos they have been through in the past 2 years wanting all the above luxuries.
Laner Former MPS3 Driver! Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: East Ballina NSW Posted 01/09/07 12:45 AM Posted 01/09/07 12:45 AM you feeling ok RIPS??? you actually make sense for once
RIP'S_PATCHES! Legacy Donating Member 337 Member For: 19y 6m 4d Gender: Male Posted 01/09/07 01:33 AM Posted 01/09/07 01:33 AM your lucky I dont want to get banned for being a parra! orelse I wouldnt be making sense beleive me! but anyway, lets act like humans for once and stick to the topic coz its interesting!
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 01/09/07 05:40 AM Posted 01/09/07 05:40 AM the Turbo 400 is the way to go...I use more fuel but that is because of the way I drive also.the box is great and well worth the money to build it right.do not cheap out on the box as it will not last long.you can buy a turbo 400 for like $2000 but I would not recommend these boxes.protrans did mine and besides the length of time it took it is an unreal box.full manual with B & M shifterthe 4th gear is a good option if you plan to sit on freeways but unless you are doing that the 3 gears are very well balanced for the power levels I am pumping through it.DO NOT go a C4 as although they are easyer to fit I have not heard of a falcon and one of these lasting long togetherI am more then happy to take anyone for a drive on a cruise one night...just come say hi and tell me your from the site...any more info you want just let me know.P.S I am running 3500rpm stall
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 01/09/07 05:51 AM Posted 01/09/07 05:51 AM On a related note, I just found another CV Performance inspired XR6 Turbo with a Transbrake equipped Turbo 400;Visit My Websitefark that's a nice ride. Do you know what wheels they are?
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 01/09/07 05:56 AM Posted 01/09/07 05:56 AM what sort of money is needed to beef up a BTR 4 speed to handle say 350rwkw? Iam am thinking of changing my manual over to an auto.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now