kilmo Legacy Donating Member 122 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/08/07 11:52 AM Posted 02/08/07 11:52 AM Ok guys, got my Tripod holder and my gauges from Scott (cheers mate).......now I just need to know how on earth I get the wiring from the back down to the firewall......any suggestions ?????
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/08/07 11:53 AM Posted 02/08/07 11:53 AM Take the ICC out (only takes 5-10 mins if you know what you're doing) and everything will be much easier!
kilmo Legacy Donating Member 122 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/08/07 11:58 AM Author Posted 02/08/07 11:58 AM Ok....as I don't know how to get the ICC out.....explain how please ??? =)
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/08/07 11:59 AM Posted 02/08/07 11:59 AM Oh dear... It's alot to post up!I might have a better solution... Give me a minute.Edit: Here we go...BA Falcon Centre Stack Trim & ICC Removal Courtesy of FordForums Where are you getting your power from?
kilmo Legacy Donating Member 122 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/08/07 12:04 PM Author Posted 02/08/07 12:04 PM Cheers Adam.....much appreciateddd
kilmo Legacy Donating Member 122 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/08/07 02:01 PM Author Posted 02/08/07 02:01 PM So after a little discussion with Scott.....I decided that I should make a singular power and singular earth to all three gauges and use some form of connector to hook up all three guages to each and run the each individual sensor through to the respective units.......will tell you how I go..... =)
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 02/08/07 02:06 PM Posted 02/08/07 02:06 PM that's how I ran the power leads. hooked into the light for the cig lighter as it was not being used.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/08/07 08:54 PM Posted 02/08/07 08:54 PM Scott's gauges have a jumper lead supplied with them to connect them all in series. The wiring is all there. Just run power into the gauge on the right hand side and run the jumper leads to the other two.You can get accessory power and an earth from the power source socket wiring. Illumination can be found on the smokers pack light plug. This loom will be taped to the power source wiring if you don't have the smokers pack. Constant power can by found on the mobile phone plug behind the fuse panel. That same plug also has accessory power and earth.
kilmo Legacy Donating Member 122 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 03/08/07 03:20 PM Author Posted 03/08/07 03:20 PM that's what I ended up doing....but god damn it was fiddley =) All good now....just gotta hook the sensors up and it's all done =) (but now my Cruise Control is playing up =( )
PepeLePew Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged Member 208 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gawler Posted 04/08/07 12:12 AM Posted 04/08/07 12:12 AM Does the illumination on the power source socket dim or not?I know it says in the instructions to connect to a non-dimming source..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now