xrkiwi Member 22 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Posted 15/07/07 05:55 PM Author Posted 15/07/07 05:55 PM Cant find an owners manual yet is it simple to remove the door panel?
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 16/07/07 09:13 AM Posted 16/07/07 09:13 AM Be careful if you have tint on the windows, ford lubed my windows and it ate into the material wearing it away in a strip on the edge
the_daff Member 4 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/05/08 09:22 AM Posted 14/05/08 09:22 AM Same happened with mine, I thought the window motor was fkd but my mechanic put some graphite in the vertical sills carefully (as mentioned its a bugger to clean up) and now she flies up and down and here I was thinking I'd need a whole new motor!
utemad Member 120 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Posted 03/06/08 08:22 AM Posted 03/06/08 08:22 AM Recently reborn Ford man.I am a farrier in NZ Very rural area Had a VY 1 tonner .Was in town 45 minutes spare ended up coming home in a BA Xr6T ute.Solid Ford man again.This eats my modded Vy V6 Stock standard for economy and power.I carry roughly 700kgs all the time.I have a few Queries though.Drivers side elctric window goes up and down half the speed of passengers,Do these need servicing somehow ie greasing?I seem to have a rear end rub or rattle passenger rear cant see any rubbing almost sounds like a warped disc but everything seems fine,any ideas?I would love an edit but how will this affect engine life as I do around 80k a year fairly hard driving.Ute has done 60kms well serviced never had a towbar till now,cant find any of the other faults as listed here hoping I have one without diff and radiator problems .Also desperate to get my hands on a workshop manual how much and where.?P.s since I have converted I only seem to see HSV's in the rear view.Great feeling.Mate can't wait to hear what economy you get cause no offense to others on here they dont tend to use them as utes with a load..Auto or manual The answer to your windows going slow is a power window service as the window guys call it Trust me on this as I have a mate in auto glass and he says the first time he saw a merchant do it he couldn't believe they can do something so simple and charge so muchSILICONE SPRAY THE CHANNEL AND PUT THE WINDOW UP AND DOWN REPEAT A FEW TIMES AND THEN DONT POKE YOUR HEAD OUT WHEN CLOSING CAUSE IT WILL BE REALLY FAST dont use wd 40 has to be silicone sprayPower window suppliers also push this as ongoing maintenancecheers utemad
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now