geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 11/06/03 05:25 AM Posted 11/06/03 05:25 AM Dear olcoolone, welcome to the board. I believe that all cars are different and that there is a car out there for everyone, (that we can afford).People want different things out of cars and most people have some limit to what they are prepared to spend on their chosen mode of transport. My wife has a 2001 RX subaru cause she likes smaller cars that look sporty (and we couldnt afford the "W"). My father-in-law, drives a 2002 330 BMW ( this car is a work of art but its still a small car). I bought the "T" cause I like powerful big rear wheel drive cars.I've had my "T" for nearly 4 months and I'm still over the moon with my purchase, haven't had a problem. I'm also more than happy with the quality of the finished product and the features that it has. The same goes for my wife and her dad. All three of us researched what was out there and bought the car that we most wanted within our budget. I would have loved a brand new BMW M5 but I didnt have the extra $150k I would have needed.When I ordered my "T" (oct 2002) I had never been to these boards and bought it after test driving a BA XT, I figured if the base model is this good the XR6T must be amazing, I haven't been disappointed.From reading your posts here, you appear to be well educated, intelligent and reasonably well off. You have also had the benefit of researching this board (and possibly others), before choosing which car to purchase. You are obviously aware of most faults the "T" has (even ones not on this forum). I would assume that you have also researched the European and japanese cars aswell. With all this information available to you, you still chose to buy the XR6T. :idea: Why order a car that you believe to have so many faults???????????? :idea:
olcoolone Member 46 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Posted 11/06/03 07:17 AM Author Posted 11/06/03 07:17 AM Hello geea,All I was doing was stating my observations of what I have found.Maybe if I provide some answers to my own questions you may see where I am coming from.Question 1) Maybe Ford have started this rumor then selves as to not show up any of there V8’s and maybe there gearboxes can handle 700nm of torque and 450kw. I honestly believe no manufacturer would be so close to the limit. Question 2) Again would the make a car so close to overheating. Most new cars have more than sufficient air flow even that the opening may seem to small.Question 3) Is it only the XR6T that have this problem and could it be the way they are driven.Question 4) There is not $2090 worth of leather in the car.Question 5) The factory sunroof switch does look cheap, have a look at the current Expensive Daewoo By Design sunroof switch…it looks good.Question 6) $2.00 is not going to break the Ford Bank, it’s a bit like having an interior light in a car but the globe is extra……if it is there why not us it?Question 7) I have it in my ute and use it all the time plus it finishes the roof of nicely.Question The Forte gets a rear center arm rest why not the XR6T. The XR6 is based on a XT when it should be based on the Forte There is nothing stopping a customer specking up a XT with wheels, body kit, steering wheel, suspension and audio etc .I believe the GT is based on the XT (XR8) where the GTP is based on a Fairmont.Question 9) Why this maybe why the XR6T and XR8 ute is so close in price but not the sedans?LOLQuestion 10) This is a supplier issue Ford needs to address.Question 11) Who uses it and why, most cars go to 00.00Lt./100K when stopped.Question 12) Refer to 8And why I brought a XR6T against the SS.Better dash design, felt better on the road, more options like brakes, had 17 inch wheels instead of 18's, not asgresive styling and wife could push the clutch to the floor.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 11/06/03 07:28 AM Posted 11/06/03 07:28 AM Hi Olocoolone.Welcome to the forum.Sorry bout my previous..errr...Rant.RE:Question 8-This Differentiation has been going on since the AU 1 TE and TS 50's...The TE50 was absed on the Forte while the TS50 was based on the Fairmont (Ghia?)....
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 11/06/03 01:08 PM Posted 11/06/03 01:08 PM olcoolone......HA.... a manual couple....welcome, welcome mates, there are so many people who say....got an auto because the missus can't drive a manual :D Some of your finish comments were pretty good. My opinion (and prediction) is that if the series 1 XR6 Turbo proves to be the better seller than the XR8, then Ford will beef up and finish off the 6 turbo (series 2) and phase out the XR8 and concentrate their V8 sales towards the (performance market) the GT and the ('Old Mans Car' market) the Fairlane.The way I see it the series 1 XR6 Turbo is a 'big toe in the water test' and was trimmed down to the max to get the price down to get the sales up, once the car is established then................ its up to Geoff....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now