04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 9d Posted 08/07/07 02:16 AM Posted 08/07/07 02:16 AM lately I have notice alot of noise coming from my back tyres when under acceleration, like a loud humming/vibration noise. and yesturday it got really bad.I then also noticed how much countersteering I had to do even thought I was not braking traction, the arse end of the car was heading left under hard gas then snapping back to centre.I thought I might have busted an eye bush or shreaded a leaf to diff bush so I jumped under the car this morning to find something much much worsethe diff tube has torn out of the housing and is able to twist up and float as it pleasesill try my luck on monday with warrenty but I highly doubt it cos my local dealer will find any reason to back out and FPV back him up on itthe pic shows the exposed diff tube
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/07 02:37 AM Posted 08/07/07 02:37 AM Nice work! i think besides Nizpro bending there diff housing with the 1200hp eng at the drags you may well be the only other diff failure in a ute! The good news is diff housing are a dime a dozen and if you do have to pay a diff specialist shouldn't charge much to swap the gear set over. Be wary of any body offering to weld the tube. If you want to get this done make sure its done by a reputable driveline engineering company. The last thing you want is to have it crack the tube... good luck with the warranty..
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 9d Posted 08/07/07 05:41 AM Author Posted 08/07/07 05:41 AM I was thinking it might actually be a production fault cos im only running 290 at the treads
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 08/07/07 07:58 AM Posted 08/07/07 07:58 AM Broke mine a long time ago problem is the sh*t spot welds that hold the steel tubes into the casing. wasnt cheap by the time I had the spring mounts repaired, the diff checked for straightness and the tubes brazied back in. I think it was around $600
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 08/07/07 08:11 AM Posted 08/07/07 08:11 AM my money is on you getting warranty
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 9d Posted 09/07/07 08:14 AM Author Posted 09/07/07 08:14 AM took it into ford today.at first glance they said yeah no worries give us your car and we will call you in 2 weeks all good.I have a funny feeling once they lift it up and see the rubber lining under the back of my ute they will give me a ring to discuss a few things
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 10/07/07 08:18 AM Posted 10/07/07 08:18 AM They have your car for 2 weeks... Just out of interest are you running a sway bar in the rear?
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/07/07 11:59 AM Posted 10/07/07 11:59 AM Hope they fix it for you under warranty mate
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 9d Posted 11/07/07 10:31 AM Author Posted 11/07/07 10:31 AM They have your car for 2 weeks... Just out of interest are you running a sway bar in the rear?yeah a big one too.I was thinking the same thing I think your thinking, big sway bar will add extra load on my diff tubes
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/07/07 10:58 AM Posted 11/07/07 10:58 AM my ute broke diff before I added swaybars. besides the sway bar mounts would probably twist around the tubes first before snapping weld in casting
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now