boost26 Member 51 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/07/07 01:52 AM Posted 06/07/07 01:52 AM Hi All,Thought I should finally post up on this forum.I finally bought myself an XR6T its a Phantom BA MK1 auto with leather and premium sound including sat nav with 60k.I have been on here reading through all the various posts for the last few months. Lots of great information.Mods are pretty limited at the moment. I have lowered it, swaybars and put on a set of 19" rims.Have also generic edit. I know a custom tune is the way to go but I have checked the AFR's and if anything its too rich. Rarely higher than 14.1 and usually 11-12 and lower under load.Shortly I will be pulling down the engine to strengthen the internals, then the fun can begin. Its my first Ford I've ever owned but have built and owned turbo cars of some description for the last 16 years. I look forward to doing mods and letting you all know how it goes.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/07/07 02:01 AM Posted 06/07/07 02:01 AM Plenty of info on here for modding, keep us posted with your progressBTW watch out for the s
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/07/07 02:16 AM Posted 06/07/07 02:16 AM Well done and Sounds like you have some big plans for the car then
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 06/07/07 07:53 AM Posted 06/07/07 07:53 AM
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 08/07/07 10:12 PM Posted 08/07/07 10:12 PM Wondering a lil why you didnt consider a newer BAMk II or BF? I can see this would have limited your MODS budget but the advantages of these later models are quite up there.and well done on the car. Phantom a bit of a classic out there.
PURVIE Sexy Member Legacy Donating Member 524 Member For: 19y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Berwick, VIC Posted 08/07/07 11:42 PM Posted 08/07/07 11:42 PM to the forum! I see you made the lovely colour choice of the phantom purple...GO THE PHANTOMS! Im sure you find everything you need and more on this website!Cheers,Matty.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 09/07/07 01:03 AM Posted 09/07/07 01:03 AM Wondering a lil why you didnt consider a newer BAMk II or BF? I can see this would have limited your MODS budget but the advantages of these later models are quite up there.and well done on the car. Phantom a bit of a classic out there.in what way the bf has the 6spd, he is already goin to strip the motor down and build it proper so what other advantages are there maybe brakes but that's no big hassle to upgrade aftermarket
boost26 Member 51 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/07/07 02:07 AM Author Posted 09/07/07 02:07 AM Wondering a lil why you didnt consider a newer BAMk II or BF? I can see this would have limited your MODS budget but the advantages of these later models are quite up there.and well done on the car. Phantom a bit of a classic out there.Thanks for the welcome guys. There is lots of great information here and I look forward to meeting some of you guys on the meets and cruises.As for why BA MKI....I didnt see any real advantage in a BAMkII, and did consider a BF only because of the 6spd auto.Regardless of model, I would be pulling the motor down to strengthen it. I know people are running big outputs with standard BF's etc with the LPG rods and theyre holding, but I wouldnt want to take the risk that 1000km's from home a rod decides to say hello to the outside world.I liked the Phantom which isnt available in BF, the car was in great condition overall with nearly all the options I wanted, low kms, full service history, I knew the previous owner and it was the right price.Brakes and the 6spd auto are the only advantage although the brake upgrade to BF XR is cheap so its really only the 6spd auto. Is a 6spd auto worth the extra $10-15k to me? No.. But I will keep you all informed of my mods as I go.
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 09/07/07 05:01 AM Posted 09/07/07 05:01 AM Welcome. You may not leave for at least 5 years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now