GreenXR6T Legacy Donating Member 630 Member For: 21y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 05/07/07 01:39 PM Posted 05/07/07 01:39 PM I've got Falken FK 451's, done 10,000k's and the fronts are stuffed, worn on the both sides of the tyre as though it was underinflated. Plenty of tread still left in the middle.I run 245's and 275's so I can't rotate them.I ran 40psi in them from new till it got so bad I've now got 50psi in them. They are illegal and I'm not too impressed, 10,000k's is sweet F.A. for a tyre. A wheel alignment was done a week before I got them so that wasn't the problem.Think I'll go Toyo's next
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/07 11:06 AM Posted 06/07/07 11:06 AM I have the Hankook K104s and am happy with them. Paid $300 for 19s. They are quite grippy for the price and will last longer than the Falkens.
kramo Member 163 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/07/07 11:37 AM Posted 07/07/07 11:37 AM I have the Hankook K104s and am happy with them. Paid $300 for 19s. They are quite grippy for the price and will last longer than the Falkens.I don't think the Falken FK452 has really been out long enough to judge how long it lasts.It actually has a higher treadwear rating than the Hankook K104 so theoretically should actually last longer.
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 07/07/07 11:44 AM Posted 07/07/07 11:44 AM I have Hancook K104 in 19" on my rims, my cars only stock so its not a power house, but they grip one billion times better than the stock tyres that's for sure. These are 245's all round. I dont really know enough about the other tyres to do a comparison with other 19" tyres though.
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/07/07 06:00 AM Author Posted 19/07/07 06:00 AM Thanks for all the great opinions guys. Is there any opinions on the Maxxis MA-Z1 as I can get these for $245 fitted (245/35 19"). Some mates own these and say they are great.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/07/07 06:29 AM Posted 19/07/07 06:29 AM I'd be interested in hearing about this as well.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/07 06:55 AM Posted 19/07/07 06:55 AM turbo nick is a big fan of them and works in the tyre industry afaik..well priced and good grip apparently, very well priced at ~250, they are 200$ in 235/45/17.
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 19/07/07 07:02 AM Posted 19/07/07 07:02 AM ok if anyone here still needs 19's..we just got some kumho ku31's in 275-30-19 for 260 each at The Tyre Factory in dandenong..apparently they have them on special or something.
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 19/07/07 08:58 AM Posted 19/07/07 08:58 AM ok if anyone here still needs 19's..we just got some kumho ku31's in 275-30-19 for 260 each at The Tyre Factory in dandenong..apparently they have them on special or something.SCRATCH THAT LAST POST..THEY'RE NOT KU31'S, THEYRE SOME CHEAPER SET OF KUMHO'S.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 19/07/07 02:47 PM Posted 19/07/07 02:47 PM Thanks for all the great opinions guys. Is there any opinions on the Maxxis MA-Z1 as I can get these for $245 fitted (245/35 19"). Some mates own these and say they are great.Where did you get them from for that price? Big AL
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now