Panda_ Legacy Donating Member 25 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 05/07/07 06:23 AM Posted 05/07/07 06:23 AM I am the lucky driver of a 2007 BF Typhoon Auto and my daily drive takes me across many rural country roads. The vehicle was delivered without mudspats and whem I asked ( pestered ) prior to delivery I was told they don't make them for this model.Help me please! I have beent to several after market places and none seem to be able to help me.Has anyone had any experience with trying to fit mudspats that look half reasonable? The General has duddy looking ones fitted to their mulletmobiles. Ford get your act together.SignedA nearly very happy owner.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/07/07 06:47 AM Posted 05/07/07 06:47 AM Mate, the FPV's do not have them as an option.Even the XR's are ugly. Do you want to protect your car or the ones behind you ?
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Posted 12/07/07 02:47 PM Posted 12/07/07 02:47 PM They come with the fins which keep stuff off your side fairly well from what ive come accross (everything bar mud) and the big version I could only see as keeping your sideskirts cleaner and helping with stuff behind you for others as said above.I wouldnt be too concerned upness you go thru lots of mud, in which case I dont think the mudflaps will do much for your paint in extremes...
Panda_ Legacy Donating Member 25 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/07 12:06 AM Author Posted 21/07/07 12:06 AM Thanks, I want to limit the cowsh*t and cr&p that flies up on the country roads I tend to drive on mostly. It's my car I want to protect. Panda
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 21/07/07 09:44 AM Posted 21/07/07 09:44 AM I've thought about the same thing. The only solution I could think of was to fit those old skool chrome splash guards that were popular many years ago, but I haven't been game to go looking for them. I think it's the only answer. I'm getting and tired sick of the damage to the paint work caused by having no protection. It's especially bad on the rear with the wider offset on the BF MK1.Big AL
F6Rdodg'nroos Member 164 Member For: 18y 8m 27d Location: NSW-The Taxed State Posted 13/02/08 08:13 PM Posted 13/02/08 08:13 PM Did you find anything that works? I need mudspats too for my new Typhoon.I have the same poblem - I drive country roads 100% and every day the car is covered with tar spots and crap from the pot hole filling, as well as a lot of stones thrown at the paint esp behind the front wheels. Does anyone know who does/could make some mudspats to fit the F6 >>>this is Dire!Iam using heavy duty detergents/degreasers every second day and had to touch up numerous stone chips already.Realllly need them
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/02/08 12:00 AM Posted 14/02/08 12:00 AM That's pathetic!Got the spats on my T ute, and regardless of everyone feeling that you appreciate their opinions in regards to the aesthetics, I wouldn't be without 'em. Don't do a great deal of country km's any more but they work very well with the amount of crap on roads in general. Haven’t had any tar splatters or stonechips to worry about.....not that this helps you toffee-nosed FPV owners that can’t get them
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/02/08 12:39 AM Posted 14/02/08 12:39 AM FPV/Ford do not offer any spats or flaps for the F6/GT.The options would be to get some of the contact plastic clear cover made by 3M to protect the paintwork or make up some fully sick red plastic ones like the Ralliart EVOs run.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now